CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Discuss Tuning / spine etc at the Methodology, Tuning, Coaching etc. within Archery Interchange Forums; Thanks for reply. I'm definitely going to try solid button method. Probably end up having ...
    In the Green
    Thanks
    Thanks for reply. I'm definitely going to try solid button method. Probably end up having to cut my arrows. Ac Pro field are tapered (front s lighter than back) I wonder which end should I cut.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piasecznik View Post
    Thanks for reply. I'm definitely going to try solid button method.
    Why? Even the person who resurrected and championed the idea these past few years now agrees with all who tried it years and years ago that it does not work as a reliable method for spine selection or bow tuning.

AC Pro Field - this is a specifically designed compound shaft. You cut from the front only, the back end is specifically stiffened for the energy delivery of a compound DFC.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Ah, sorry for misleading! All I can say is it has worked for me. But I understand there maybe something else at play and a matter of equifinality.

In the Green
    Thanks
    Well, I have nothing to loose and no better idea how to solve "to stiff" mystery.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Time for an update...

Since posting the original post. I decided to keep trying with the 500s to see how well I could tune the bow to the arrows.

However I had the following problems:

1. As I changed distances, I had to move the sight left or right depending on if I had gone closer or further away.

2. Arrow flight was terrible, the arrows wagged from side to side badly.

I kept trying and managed to get my 252 badge at 60 yards with them like that but they weren't great!

So I ended up getting some 620s from a member on here.

The 620s fly beautifully through the air, and the left right movement is tiny if at all as I change distances.

However out of interest I shot a bareshaft at 20 yards. It always lands left and has the nock over to the right. The nock itself isn't far from the fletched group but the point is in the blue.

I haven't yet actually done any tuning - I just shot the arrows. Centre shot looks good as does rest height. Does it sound like they are still a little stiff?

In the White
    Thanks
    If it's any use, i shoot at 34lb with arrows of 29.25" nock valley to end of shaft, and just couldnt seem to get a good tune the way i would like with 3L-18 620 ACC's. no matter what i did with the brace height, button, centre shot etc. The arrows always 'squirrelled' quite a bit, and i put this down to primarily an inconsistent release at first. I found that bareshaft tuning put the bare arrows low and left, and got even more low and left the further back i went, out of what i thought was an acceptable distance, so i bought a set of 3-04 680's with 80gn points, which are obviously slightly weaker, and my word !!!, what a difference. they fly better, i get better sight marks, and the bare shafts now group with the rest at 20yds. I didnt want to increase my draw weight to make a better fit with the 620's so will keep them until i do. I reckon the easton charts are one group higher than they should be (at least for me) and although many will say that easton have spent considerable time and money getting the charts as perfect as possible, ive heard others say the same thing as i have found. GL.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast