Always read the number....

Random_guy

Yep you guessed it. My first ever albion, 80 yards. I took a shot, blinked, and when i opened my eyes i was looking at target 3. All well and good........ except that i was on target 4. :duh:

But wait it gets better....

At 50 yards went to collect and one of the other competitiors on my target said to me 'did you see where you're other arrow went?' and turned to point at the gold of target number 5.... 'it flew right across me' he said. And then to add insult to injury he said 'don't worry about it, it's a mistake we all make once and then never make again!......' :duh: :duh: :duh:

doubletop

my sympathys i did it once and only once as a recruit in the forces i only did it once as i was summoned to CSM for interview with no coffee and biscuits cost me a round for him and the training staff all 22 of them :thumbsdow

D

Deleted member 74

Yup, it happens to us all. I managed a beautiful 9 at 90m on the target next to me. Was thinking about that arrow and managed to miss with the next. End result, highest score for 90m with 281 and two misses! D'oh! :duh:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I went to score my arrows at a competition and found that I had missed with all six. I didn't think the shots were that bad either so the old pulse raced as I didn't know what I was going to do next;adjust the sight or what???
It pays to read the target number;I had shot my arrows into another target!!
It wasn't all bad news though;I had walked up to the wrong target and shot into the correct one. Pheeeew!

Woodie

Yes done that as well. Also for a change last year:-
Moving from 90 to 70mtr at a fita I was checking my sightmark using the scope and saw arrow low red so adjusted sight. Still low so adjusted again. When I checked 3rd arrow I saw another arrow suddenly appear on the target.
Yes you guessed it, Willie on the adjacent target was shooting same nocks and fletchings and I was trying to adjust the sight on his arrows. Meanwhile my arrows were slowly working their way to the top of the boss as my first arrow was actually high. not one of my finest moments :thumbsdow

Shirt

Didn't do it at all last year.
Year before:
1) 60 yards on a York, X on the target to my right.
2) SAA Premier Day 1 - 9 on the target to my right.
3) SAA Premier Day 1 - 9 on the target to my left.

Both of the SAA ones were in a head to head match. Considerable amount of cursing happened after that, and I've never been allowed to forget it... :p

currie1014

Random_guy said:
Yep you guessed it. My first ever albion, 80 yards. I took a shot, blinked, and when i opened my eyes i was looking at target 3. All well and good........ except that i was on target 4. :duh:

But wait it gets better....

At 50 yards went to collect and one of the other competitiors on my target said to me 'did you see where you're other arrow went?' and turned to point at the gold of target number 5.... 'it flew right across me' he said. And then to add insult to injury he said 'don't worry about it, it's a mistake we all make once and then never make again!......' :duh: :duh: :duh:
yep i did it once at Dunster last year in the first scoring end at 90m. funny thing is i was on the second target in from the left so how i managed that puzzles me now..never mind went on to win the classification medal on the day so not that bad...