Bouncy Bow

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Although I had been suffering with the flu I managed to drag myself down to Chiltern Archery this morning to get kitted out with some ACE's for the summer season (my first).

A few guys were on the indoor range shooting various bits of kit. I waited until the first available oppourtunity to join the shooting line and proceed to shoot my first arrow of warm up. On release we all watched my bow bouncing up and down in front of me, "FINGER SLING". A comment came from the back saying "well at least you know you don't grab your bow" Off course at this point I turned around and blamed the flu.

Thing is the arrow landed in 10 ring on a 40cm face at 20yds.

Oh well !!!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
You'll just have to forget your finger sling in future Phil. Though it could be a tad expensive...

JohnK

My wife did the same thing once, although this was with her fibreglass bow (no sights) shooting at 20 yards.

She nailed the X too. :D

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I have to honest and say that my first thought was "oh my bow is bouncing up and down nicely like a spacehopper". It was later on the way back home that I realised that it could have been quite costly.

But a close inspection when I reached home shows all is well.

A lucky escape me thinks and from now the sling will be super-glued to the finger

slartibartfast

I did a similar thing a while back. I had a finger sling on but i havn't got a very big thumb knuckle and the sling came off, like you i nailed the X but snapped the thread on the long rod. (they do bounce well don't they). Not happy but luckily i had a spare rod. I use a shoelace now.

Gold Flinger

Fonz Awardee
It's ironic that the cheapest piece of archery equipment can be responsible for the most expensive cock-ups.
I'm going to award a Fonz this time in light of the fact that you hit the X-ring, but in future, can we have a bit more damage, or possibly an embarrassing injury?
:)

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Sponge said:
Hey, And I don't get one for doing it with someone elses bow?

Sponge.
Yes, Sponge, yes you do :hyper:

Unfortunately, due to lack of space in the Title bit, I can only fit in the one Fonz.... ;)