Brand new X10...

Allvyn

What can I say? I now have an archer's dozen :shocked:

Having spent some time in my bedroom getting my new Hoyt Formula Excel and X10s set up and ready to pack for a day of shooting, I thought it would've been in my best interest if I could just set my clicker right to save me the few seconds hassle on the shooting line.

Nothing wrong with my first draw up as the clicker went slightly before I got comfortable at anchor so I let down, moved the clicker in a wee bit and went to full draw again.

Draw length felt perfect and I was really comfortable so I began expansion just to see how far I was from the click and before I knew it :archer::poulies::shocked::gasp::hissyfit::duh:

I even put a sweet little chip in the concrete wall just missing my 3 guitars and my compound, all of which are of great importance to me...

Anyone with instructions to share on how to make a beautiful, only-shot-once-in-its-life X10 arrow pen?

randomgary

i done this in Jim Conroys (started carbofast) house when i was a youngster! arrow went between two limbs and straight into his wall:duh:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
lol, I've done this as well... arrow stuck in dimmer switch though and so was saved!! :D

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Yep...been there!!!!

Fortunately I had my form-master/elbow sling on at the time which took a lot of the power out. The wife got a lovely view of an arrow sailing past the french doors, and into the wall, just missing my printer!!!

Allvyn

Feels great knowing I'm not the only one. :burp:

I now can't wait to get on the shooting line to make things right by me by trying to convince myself that it was all worthwhile :pray:

The sight of a shiny broken X10 is still a little heartbreaking but oh well. The archery gods demand a sacrifice!

Barabus

Did this in my garden inches from the kitchen window, as luck would have it i hit the mortar inbetween the bricks and the X10 lives on :eek:ptimist:

Allvyn

HA! Now that IS luck!

All I could remember was the click, the impact and my mind going blank shortly after. What a rush... :burp:

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Martin Heelis said:
Get problems with the neighbours upstairs do you? :shocked:
Not since the incident when they thought they could hear Braveheart impressions downstairs, and put their ear to the floorboards to investigate...

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Get problems with the neighbours upstairs do you? :shocked:
based on my height, length of my b'stard sword, guard position (vom tag), the height of ceiling, the distance between my ceiling and upstairs floor and a little guesstimation ... anyone sitting on the carpet upstairs is in for a VERY rude awaking (and some ad hoc pile surgery :eek:)