Britain's Worst Dish - Fried Limbs

Harold's EyeIt wasn't me

Fonz Awardee
I have to admit to this before someone else drops me in it.

Working on a couple of my XX75s today I had to remove the piles so I fired up the cooker ring and removed pile on No 1. Having made the adjustments I then hot glued the pile back in and turned off the gas.

I then strung the bow and checked out the adjustments. Everything fine, I laid the strung bow on the kitchen worktop adjacent to the cooker.

Being british and half way through the job I think "Lets have a cup of tea" so I reach into the cupboard and get the cups down pushing to one side the bow. Pushing to one side however means it is now hanging over the cooker hob but no problem as the rings are all off.

But the ring is not off!!! It is on low heat and effectively I am now barbecuing my top limb.

The phone rings and I go off into the hall. After a while I hear a dull crack and returning to the kitchen I find this:

Come on admit it .... we've all done this OK? ..........OK? ......OK? :blush:

Alright then it's a first :bawling:

This is club night and hence a mad dash to a shop for new limbs follows.

On the positive side I now own Hoyt M1s rather than Kap Challenger Crafts and it gives a chance for the techies to discuss the science of Fibre/wood interaction under high temperature conditions

......but the simple message is "Fry sausages, chicken etc ...not limbs"

Flying Whale

If this one is not awarded a Fonz, I think I may have to leave the board....Sir you are truly a prat of the first order!!

I hope you get to enjoy a Fonz!!

[P.S. Did you know there was a village in France called Prat Sauvage. Someone I used to work with had their picture taken in front of the village name-board. Seems you might need to take a trip there...]

Mikey B

Ooops :flamed: the heat might have affected your string too, you might want a new one.
That is unless you got one to go with the shiny new limbs :)

buzz lite beer

:raspberry, bet you never do that again.:flamed: a couple of jubilee clips and an pair of MDF splints should get that back in working order.

phil_r_58

Supporter
Supporter
Ironman
I did suggest to Dave a long time ago that we should have a Fonz with wings or a bar for going beyond the call of duty. For those acts of dorkness in galactic proportions.

I suggest the time is nigh!

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Or we could use this...

:raspberry :loser: :raspberry :loser: :raspberry :loser: :raspberry :loser: :raspberry :loser: :raspberry

jet186

I then strung the bow and checked out the adjustments. Everything fine, I laid the strung bow on the kitchen worktop adjacent to the cooker.

Being british and half way through the job I think "Lets have a cup of tea" so I reach into the cupboard and get the cups down pushing to one side the bow. Pushing to one side however means it is now hanging over the cooker hob but no problem as the rings are all off.

But the ring is not off!!! It is on low heat and effectively I am now barbecuing my top limb.
Sorry Dave nearly PML But how many times have I told you always use a bow stand, you are a little forgetful to say the least :blush:

not dead yet

Ironman
fried limbs... sounds like a bad day at lilleshall camp site after being in the bar all night........

:hypnotize:hypnotize:burp::burp:

J

John (OSF)

Hoyt and W&W are the gourmet's choice as they're less effected by heat, though have been known to delamate like lasagne

Hidden Hippo

Best fonz application I've seen in a long while :D. This deserves something special, perhaps a solid gold Fonz.

At least it gave you an excuse to get a nice shiny new set of limbs - wonder what a cooker would do to carbon/foam? Care to test it? :p

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
We do have a Gold Fonz of which this is a very worthy recipient, unfortunately I seem to have misplaced the art work and am looking for it. If anyone sees it hanging around another thread can they point me in the right direction. Ta :D

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Yes, Tom, that is the exact one I was looking for :D Would you like to have the honour of presenting it on this rarest, and most well deserved occasions? :D

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
It gives me great pleasure to bestow this Golden Fonz on Harold's Eye,It wasn't me for an act of idiocy :)D :rotfl:) that went above and beyond the requirements for the normal Fonz Award!

Just don't do it with the M1s or we'll have to do a platinum award :p