Clicker

cecile

A friend of mine recently shot a 2 x 70 m tournament.
At the end of an end, she realized she had no more her clicker wire (magnetic clicker). After little research and a lot of luck, someone found it about 40 m from the shooting line. She was desperate because she didn't feel like shooting without her clicker. I gave her some tape in order to fix the little devil at the right place.

The next week, she had another tournament, so she bought a new clicker to replace the old one. But she worried because the clicker was very different from the old and she feared that she would have problem with aiming. Then finally she dismantle the old clicker and astunned, realized that there was still the little screw that secures the clicker wire and it just needed some tightening...
Now, she try to sell her new clicker...

Another, much more painful stupidity:
One day, an archer from my club was looking for something in his car (maybe a lighter). He had still his quiver hanging at his side. Finding what he was seeking, he slammed his car door shut, but his arrows were still partly inside the car... 8 nice ACE broken or irremediably bent...

Furface

Supporter
Not ACEs but allys. My son in pre-teen mode, engrossed in a bag of crisps, sat down on our chair while wearing a quiver, and bent his only eight arrows to a nice ninety degrees on the arms. Luckily, a close neighbour had a suitable set of spares!

Gold Flinger

Fonz Awardee
Fantastic! :) I think friend no.1 deserves not only a Fonz, but a listing in the Guinness Book of Records for the "World Clicker Shooting Flight Record". ;) 40 metres is quite impressive - she's lucky it didn't take someone's eye out! :eek:
Our very own Junior Moderator, *~L~* had the same problem last weekend resulting in a draw length that varied by up to an inch and a half between shots! :( So I think we'd better throw one her way too. ;)

As for the ACE smasher... I knew smoking was bad for your health but I never dreamt it could be so bad for your arrows! :( I hope he's either given up the evil weed or put his lighter on a piece of string. :eek:

Furface, your son's arrows learnt a valuable lesson that day: never come between a teenager and food. We have juniors at our club that'll anything that's not nailed down! :)

The only thing I can suggest is that you attach your broken arrows to an Alice band in the style of the late, great Tommy Cooper ;), so people will be left in no doubt of your boundless stupidity. ;)
[/QUOTE]
(Just like that)
So welcome to the roll of honour and be proud to wear the badge.
"As the Italian Stalian himself once said, "Live fast, love hard and don't let anyone else use your comb." :)
[/QUOTE]

*~L~*

Hahaah fantastic i've finally won a Fonz award, haha :)</p>

This has made my day, i hope i win many more too!!!! Brings a new sort of edge to the sport i think ;)</p>

This is?great i get awards for doin summat stupid :)?</p>