does this count?

• Thread starter Kragen Ironfist
  • Start date
K

Kragen Ironfist

shot my first comp last week, during the competion (a worcester) i was struggling with a bow I later came to realise was too strong for me. anyway 2 of my arrows were shot with interesting consequences

the first, just after the arrow left my bow, I noticed somthing small ping away from the arrow, thinking something had fallen off, I scanned the floor until I realised what had happened - I HiT A BLUEBOTTLE, the little blighter was scabbling around on the floor on its back!!!

later I loosed an arrow badly and almost completely missed the target face (alright I missed the scoring part of the face) but instead I shot out one of the plastic pins which held the face on - held the competition up for 10 mins while the judges found another pin :)

Furface

Supporter
Kragen Ironfist said:
I HiT A BLUEBOTTLE,
Reminds me of the time in an early season outdoor when I realised, at full draw, that two mayflies were making little mayflies on the very tip of my arrow. Not being one for "coming down" much, I just let rip and, presumably, blasted them to mayfly heaven.
"Wow, did the earth move for you?"

LineCutter

I can just see the little Mrs Mayfly moaning in mayfly heaven about how she'd waited all her life for that moment & it was all over too quickly :devil: :jaw-dropp

Ken Davies

Haven't read the entire thread so not sure if this is relevant. But at a competition in Oswestry last summer there where thousands of tiny spiders in the air as we were shooting. Landing on your site, in your eye etc. Most odd, but a good excuse for a bad score.

Merlin83b

Ken Davies said:
Haven't read the entire thread so not sure if this is relevant. But at a competition in Oswestry last summer there where thousands of tiny spiders in the air as we were shooting. Landing on your site, in your eye etc. Most odd, but a good excuse for a bad score.
The thread was only 3 posts long at that point, Ken! Have some :cake: to help you get through all those posts ;)

Ken Davies

Merlin83b said:
The thread was only 3 posts long at that point, Ken! Have some :cake: to help you get through all those posts ;)
Was it? I'm at work and bit distracted. Think I need a cuppa.