Does this qualify?

Ceri Jones

Ironman
Today's Stafford....
Put arrow on bow, checked everything, put realase aid on without looking as usuall... brought bow up to draw....had put my relese aid on my cables...:footinmou
Bit bof a giggle on the line then carried on.

Ceri Jones

Ironman
Im safe .....just one of those brain fart moments, went on to get 3 10's. Must have made me concentrate a bit more.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Hmmm... not sure Ceri. Now if you'd have released, and it'd been a very expensive arrow and perhaps it'd buried itself into something humorous (and I don't mean *insert favourite comedians name here*) then you'd have got one straight away. What does everyone else think?

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Hmmm... not sure Ceri. Now if you'd have released, and it'd been a very expensive arrow and perhaps it'd buried itself into something humorous (and I don't mean *insert favourite comedians name here*) then you'd have got one straight away. What does everyone else think?
Yeah, if it had been released then that would be Fonz worthy. By spotting your mistake I think you've ruled yourself out :p :).

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I gree with others on this. A true fonz normally ends in an arrow being shot and hitting something not normally aimed at.

Ceri Jones

Ironman
How the feck did you get to full draw on the cables?!?!?!?!.
Didnt, was about to draw, not sure what would have happened as i have steel cables, would have snapped the cables and cams if not the limbs.

I think it was down to lack of :cupcake: and coffee

Random_guy

Speaking of hitting things not normally aimed at....

First time out with the new ACE's yesterday. Shot them at 80 yards with not sightmark, (different riser, limbs, string, and arrows from last year...). Managed to get them on the boss and was sorted after that no problem.

Went down to 60 yards to get a sight mark there. Tried to exrapolate it from my 20 yard sight mark and my 80 yard one. Turns out, for my bow at least, that doesn't work....

Shot the first arrow with the estimated sight mark. It felt like a really good shot, quite strong, powerful.... flew nicely.... *CRUNCH* Could just about make out something falling to the floor about half a second after the sound.

On walking to the target i saw *half* the arrow lying on the floor, with the other half a few feet away. Turns out i'd hit the end of the bolt that holds the stand together, just above the boss. Had even managed to hit the wingnut on the end of the bolt, taking a nice chunk out of it and spinning it loose!

So, one down, 11 left.... :ashamed:

Last edited:

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman

First time out with the new ACE's yesterday. Shot them at 80 yards with not sightmark, (different riser, limbs, string, and arrows from last year...). Managed to get them on the boss and was sorted after that no problem.

Went down to 60 yards to get a sight mark there. Tried to exrapolate it from my 20 yard sight mark and my 80 yard one. Turns out, for my bow at least, that doesn't work....

Shot the first arrow with the estimated sight mark. It felt like a really good shot, quite strong, powerful.... flew nicely.... *CRUNCH* Could just about make out something falling to the floor about half a second after the sound.

On walking to the target i saw *half* the arrow lying on the floor, with the other half a few feet away. Turns out i'd hit the end of the bolt that holds the stand together, just above the bolt. Had even managed to hit the wingnut on the end of the bolt, taking a nice chunk out of it and spinning it loose!

Was it high or low?

jerryRTD

On walking to the target i saw *half* the arrow lying on the floor, with the other half a few feet away. Turns out i'd hit the end of the bolt that holds the stand together, just above the bolt. Had even managed to hit the wingnut on the end of the bolt, taking a nice chunk out of it and spinning it loose!

Next time try getting your sight marks by shooting the shorter distance first. I usually go to 30 meters first and then work out in 20 meter steps to 90.

Random_guy

Scheme1440: It was high, they're tripod stand designs with the bolt that holds the legs together above the boss at the top.

Jerry Tee: i would have had the other distances been available, but alas we only had a few bosses and when we have to shoot at that end of the field (f**tballers have the other side grrrrr) the hut is a long way away. That combined with it getting late meant it wasn't practical to get shorter distances up. Also, had the arrow gone *ANYWHERE* else it would have been ok, the stands are made of a soft enough wood that you can usually get away with hitting them. Was just really bad luck :ashamed:

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Scheme1440: It was high, they're tripod stand designs with the bolt that holds the legs together above the boss at the top.
As I suspected. Your arrows seem to drop more between 60 and 80 as do mine. Thats why your arrow went high as your sight was probably set for around 67yds. I always use the prior 2 distances to calculate sightmarks and if its 80 yds use 60yd and 50yds gap times by 2 and add about 25%. Something similar for 100yds.