Doh!

Thunk

Ironman
Shooting a Warwick today, and did so like a dork. The sight marks just didn't seem to relate to the distance we were shooting - took me a while to realise my sight was loose in the sight block and was hanging down by a fraction...

This led to a couple of misses over the top, and the whole shooting line spent about 30 minutes looking for one of my arrows - they were burying themselves nicely in the very soft ground. When we finally found the arrow, it wasn't in the ground at all. It was in the rear leg of the target stand, having passed straight through the target! The sad thing is, from where it was in the leg, it must have passed through the middle of the gold! I didn't score many golds this morning, and could certainly have done with another one, but of course it scored no points at all!

simon m

Ironman
Called a miss sunday morning and my better half (who was target captain) said "its in the middle div" buried upto its nock.....lol

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Shooting a National on Saturday, I saw what I was sure was a bouncer - an arrow landed somewhere in the blue at 60 yards, made a nasty noise and I saw a white fletch spinning into oblivion. So I shot another arrow.

The "fletch" turned out to be a bit of wood that the arrow had chipped off the stand. The arrow was sat plain as day in the blue. So having shot 7 arrows, I had to discount my highest-scoring arrow, a 9. :( Doh!