double whammy!!

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
TJ threatened me with the fonz award for winning worst white on Sunday but I think I managed to 'better' that TWICE last night!!

Goof no.1 - set my sight for 50yds and my arrow flew off into the distant sun, the reason for this 5 arrows later - I'd actually set it for 60 yds!

Goof no.2 - asked Guy to watch my arrow as I knew it wasn't going where I wanted it to go and sure enough it decided it was going to head to the lake on the left, the reason for this - I had my left eye closed instead of my right eye.

I blame the sun entirely - it couldn't possibly be my fault!!! :(

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Bwaahh-haahh-hahh!!! :) :) :) It's one thing frightening worms, but frightening fish?

Gold Flinger

Fonz Awardee
Well Little Miss P. You should be applauded for your self-effacing attitude in nominating yourself :) .
However, I'm afraid I have good news and bad news: The forgetting-to-adjust-the-sight-between-distances gag is a time-honoured error :eek:. Up and down the land, archers watch helplessly :( as their arrows sail over the target, only to airate the turf beyond.
No, I'm sorry, but we need a novel twist for that almost ubiquitous clanger to qualify for the coveted Fonz Award. Something like the time when I adjusted my sight up 10 clicks before lunch (so I wouldn't forget ;) ) and then adjusted it another 10 clicks straight after lunch and promptly shot the back leg of the target stand. :( In my defence, I was a novice and I didn't have sightmarks ;).
However, vis a vis your second cock-up..
"Heyyyyy... Did you send your brain on vacation???" ;)
One of the most amusing cases of Left-and-Right-Lexia I've ever heard :eek:! Perhaps you should take a leaf out of Jimmy Cricket's book and wear wellies with "L" and "R" written on them :), just so you remember which eye to close! ;) They might come in handy when you wade out to retrieve your arrows! :)
Brilliant, have a Fonz.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Gold Flinger - 23/6/2005 10:56 AM Something like the time when I adjusted my sight up 10 clicks before lunch (so I wouldn't forget ;) ) and then adjusted it another 10 clicks straight after lunch and promptly shot the back leg of the target stand. :( In my defence, I was a novice and I didn't have sightmarks ;).
</p>

Sorry Goldy, novice or not there's absolutely no excuse for stupity of that scale on the shooting line. I hereby invoke my right as administrator to present you with your very own Fonz :)</p>

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Gold Flinger - 23/6/2005 11:56 AM Aww, shucks boss! :) In spite of my stupidity, at list my windage was correct! ;)
</p>

I'm not going to be drawn into any discussions about your wind ;)</p>

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Finding Little Miss Purple's lost arrows was quite easy today. We just walked in the general direction of the nearest reservoir and there they were, threatening the fish! ;)

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Little Miss Purple - 28/6/2005 11:19 PM We won't go into details of looking for arrow eh?? (snigger, snigger) ;)
</p>

Yes, Little Miss Purple, I think we do indeed need to go into details of looking for arrows ;)</p>

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I think she means the 22 misses I had on Sunday. Where's t'metal detector again? :(

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I have no doubt that you can hold your own LMP! I was making a general statement as a newbie myself ;)</p>