Dry Fire And Blood....

Jethro

I have wanted to shoot a compound bow but could not afford to buy one. A friend of mine in october last year said that I could use his due to him moving abroad and not wanting to sell it or take it with him. One friday morning last oct he comes and shows me how to do a basic setup,and to be very careful. I shake his hand, thank him and of he goes. That evening I decided to have a play with it. I start to pull the string back to my nose, I do this a few times and all is ok. At this point my partner said, give it a rest your going to do yourself some damage. I then had a go using a release aid, At full draw I ACIDENTALLY touched the release. Before I new what had happened the bow was on the floor and their was blood dripping off the ends of my fingers. I now had a nice wound on my arm. My stupid fault I was not wearing a armguard. I could not shoot my recurve for 3 weeks due to the pain.
The moral of this story is DONT PLAY WITH COMPOUNDS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. I will be having lessons at the end of march........

Greyghost

I remember at a competition, my other half drew up, completely oblivious to the fact that there wasn't an arrow on the bow - and released. There was such a noise and clatter and I think she had the attention of everybody at the shoot. Luckily, she was OK and the only damage to the bow was that the cables had jumped off the cams.
Best wishes,
Steve

Rainbow

The American
American Shoot
That happened to me I cut my ear took ages for it to heal the shock had moved my hand on to the ear at full draw and that is what cut it .I was nervous shooting again aftger that but managed to beat the fear had faith in my bow

Harlequin_UK

ouch hope it heals.

This happened on an archery level 2 course i was one. Doing some work with filming each other.

Same thing happened at full draw there was an almighty bang, dry fired blood and it was all caught on tape :)

Wasn't me but i do have the footage.

napolienne

Fonz Awardee
ouch hope it heals.

This happened on an archery level 2 course i was one. Doing some work with filming each other.

Same thing happened at full draw there was an almighty bang, dry fired blood and it was all caught on tape :)

Wasn't me but i do have the footage.
Pfft yep, i remember that. Wasn't me either, I hasten to add!