Er, nominating myself...

Yellowjedi

In the White
Supporter
I'm thinking that this might just be too stupid to qualify but here goes.

Club night. Walk up to shooting line, settle into stance, pick up arrow to load. Something very wrong here. My bow was still on the stand. I stood there empty handed feeling a right numpty.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who has done this!

Wendy

Club night. Walk up to shooting line, settle into stance, pick up arrow to load. Something very wrong here. My bow was still on the stand. I stood there empty handed feeling a right numpty.

Guilty as charged! I have also forgotten to fill my quiver with arrows and wondered why it was soooo quiet when walking up to the line. Was VERY embarrassed when shot arrow, relaxed bow hand and oooops no finger sling so bow flew out of hand:melodrama Just as well I am a member of a very understanding club:sigh:

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Was VERY embarrassed when shot arrow, relaxed bow hand and oooops no finger sling so bow flew out of hand:melodrama
I did this at a come and try on saturday ... fortunately no punters saw the come and try "instructor" appear to lob the training bow down range! That would have been difficult to explain away ... "yes, its a medieval bavarian grip, very difficult to master" :liar:

cornish george

I did this at a come and try on saturday ... fortunately no punters saw the come and try "instructor" appear to lob the training bow down range! That would have been difficult to explain away ... "yes, its a medieval bavarian grip, very difficult to master" :liar:
I think most of us have done this at "have-a-goes", I certainly have, not walked to the line without a bow though :bowarrow:

nelly

Yep, I've also done most of the variations as well...no tab, no arrows, no button and i guess no idea as well.

Gryff

forgetting to take arrows out of a target then going back to the line empty quivered is always embarrassing. Especially when you get a small round of applause when you scuttle up to collect them.

Tommy B

Me too, but indoors. It's amazing how loud one persons footsteps can be in a silent sports hall crowded with archers.

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
How about forgetting that I'd shot in the first wave, and when the second finished I went up to shoot? Felt a complete prat with the whole hall looking on.

Darkside Lady

Ironman
At a competition last weekend I carefully tried to knock my first arrow of the day directly onto my D-loop. Wouldn't have been so bad but I was on a target right in front of the judges tent :ashamed:

Nye Bowman

How does this sound?

In a competition, I put my string on upside down, and then I had to take my sighters with around 50 people watching. Talkng about feeling stupid.

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
In a competition, I put my string on upside down, and then I had to take my sighters with around 50 people watching. Talkng about feeling stupid.
Managed to do the same - shot the first 3 then managed to restring the bow correctly for the second three - phew