a FITA star in my lunch hour

KevinH

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Well it?s a beautiful day today, the boss is in the garden, my bow?s already set up in the garage. Yes a quick half an hours flinging arrows before I go back to work it is then. Not much you can do in half an hour, and my time is nearly up, but things are flowing really well. One more end before I go, and how about a bit of mental rehearsal for this weekends tournament.

So no longer am I in the garden 6 yards from a boss plastered in multiple old three spot faces instead; I am on my last end at 30m, it?s been going well but I need all three tens to bag that elusive 1200. I calm myself for the first shot, lift the bow and execute as near a perfect shot as I can manage, right in the centre couldn?t be better. Just two more like that and I'll have cracked it, I can feel the tension rising, but I control my breathing and make sure I?m relaxed for my next arrow. I lift the bow and for the second time execute a great shot???straight into the back of my first arrow? oh sod it :duh:, now I don?t have any spares and will have to make up some new arrows for Saturday. The third arrow never got shot.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
KevinH said:
Well it?s a beautiful day today, the boss is in the garden, my bow?s already set up in the garage. Yes a quick half an hours flinging arrows before I go back to work it is then. Not much you can do in half an hour, and my time is nearly up, but things are flowing really well. One more end before I go, and how about a bit of mental rehearsal for this weekends tournament.

So not longer am I in the garden 6 yards from a boss plastered in multiple old three spot faces instead; I am on my last end at 30m, it?s been going well but I need all three tens to bag that elusive 1200. I calm myself for the first shot, lift the bow and execute as near a perfect shot as I can manage, right in the centre couldn?t be better. Just two more like that and I'll have cracked it, I can feel the tension rising, but I control my breathing and make sure I?m relaxed for my next arrow. I lift the bow and for the second time execute a great shot???straight into the back of my first arrow? oh sod it :duh:, now I don?t have any spares and will have to make up some new arrows for Saturday. The third arrow never got shot.
Yay, nice one Kevin :) I would've been tempted to go for the third arrow - just to see if I could get a double Robin Hood!