Never Fletch Arrows While Naked...

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
There was me, in the utility room re-fletching me arrows, totally bereft of clothing as it's been such a hot and sticky night.

Anyhoo, the old clamp was getting a bit gunged up with glue, so I get some cotton wool and nail varnish remover (with added vitamin-e), open up the clamp and proceed to give it a good scrub. To make sure it all comes up sparkly I really put the pressure on and brought it close to my body in order to hold it tighter. All finished, I let the clamp snap shut on my left nipple and ran around the kitchen screaming....

So be warned....

Flying Whale

You may also want to watch out for the unpleasant chance of the nail polish remover dripping somewhere sensitive.

I once made the stupid mistake of trying a small spot of white spirit to remove a gloss paint finger print I left on myself when I needed to visit the bathroom during decorating.....really sore for a while, and I had to sit in a bath of cold water for a while to try and relieve the pain.

Chopping chillis can be another problem if you are not careful.

joetapley

Another argument in favour of using spin wings :)
On the bright side you weren't replacing the arrow points.

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Noooo Dave I think I may be scarred for life, I may have to see a therapist to get that image removed from my mind :raspberry.

Flying Whale said:
Chopping chillis can be another problem if you are not careful.
Chilli Willy :)

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Little Miss Purple said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

now wiping coffee from the screen
Luckily I'd finished my glass of water.

And that reminds me, 3 arrows to finish. Spin-wings are so much easier.

Mick

D

Deleted member 74

Some people would pay good money for that experience, Dave! ;)
Thankfully, I'm not one of them!

Thunk

Ironman
Respect Dave, respect! Most people having had that experience would have stayed stchumm...:rotfl:

Kae

The American
American Shoot
I'm never offering to pull your arrows for you. Do naked fletched arrows come with a health warning? :raspberry

So what do you do when you shoot?

Ffish

Kae - I'm more than a little worried about how or where you've managed to find that photograph!! And WTF did you use to search on in Google???

That's wrong, on soooo many levels!

CPlater1

Be glad that you didnt drop the clamp. That would've brought tears to your eyes. And there is also no reason that naturalists shouldnt do archery, I just wouldnt want to try.

Chris