Nominating Uller....

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
While sorting out some arrow points, Mr Uller deceided to cool the hot melt by blowing on it a little....nothing strange there.

However, I'm not sure whether he was trying to cool it down, or give it a kiss, but somehow, he managed to get the hot melt onto his beard & got stuck to the arrow....:rotfl:

Unfortunately, there was no serious damaged to his facial hair, just some slight pain as the arrow was forceably removed.

The arrow or point were not harmed!!!

Kae

The American
American Shoot
:rotfl::rotfl:

Fantastic... although for me, Dave's nekkid fletching extravaganza that ended up with a nipple err, I mean fletching clamp incident still wins out...

Kae.

Dougal

Unfortunately, there was no serious damaged to his facial hair, just some slight pain as the arrow was forceably removed.
Did you perchance assist in the removal, making it more forceable than strictly necessary? just because you're a gorilla?:raspberry

And does he now have a bald spot? no, on his chin....

Florence

Ironman
obviously he missed the instruction about children only using the equipment under adult supervision or MRS Uller would have been present and the situation would not have arisen !!!

SAFETY FIRST please children ! I hope you didn't hurt Uller too much when removing it ... I think he's a sensitive type under all that hair !

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Alas, I wasn't present at the removal....but I would have paid to have been!!!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
I think I'm going to have to demand to see a reconstruction - filmed or photographed will be fine - before deciding on the fonz-worthiness.

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I'll keep the camera handy tomorrow. (I'll be cutting down my new indoor arrows so who knows what'll happen! )

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I support this nomination... if anyone is fonzworthy, it's Uller :)

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I support Uller for nomination ... if only to keep my own lunacies under the radar.

I too would have paid to have been present ... and would have contributed largely to the military charity of ullers choice had I been allowed to aid in the removal of said arrow!

Dajjal

the heated point in question stuck fast to his upper lip and removed several layers of skin.

indeed, at the bannockburn FITA-18 the next day, he was depositing flakes of desicated epidermis into the closed sports hall atmosphere each time he let loose an arrow, his string anchor point being the throbbing blister on his lip.

he has now adopted this technique to gauge his draw length and his release is timed to the point where the pain gets unbearable.

he says its the new organic clicker

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Okay, you convinced me without photographic evidence :) Although it may have been a Golden Fonz if there were photographs of Uller with an arrow glued to his face :D

Enjoy the little chap!

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Okay, you convinced me without photographic evidence :) Although it may have been a Golden Fonz if there were photographs of Uller with an arrow glued to his face :D

Enjoy the little chap!
That could still be arranged!!!!

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
While sorting out some arrow points, Mr Uller deceided to cool the hot melt by blowing on it a little....nothing strange there.
Nothing strange? Why on earth was he blowing the thing in the first place? It would have to be a hell of a blow to have significant effect on cooling.

I suppose that's what makes it Fonz-worthy:rotfl:

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
WS, I asked him that very question last night as my hot melt solidifies very quickly.
He said the glue was all runny and it was to aid in the hardening process ... makes me think he was using something other than hot melt. given it had to be hot, runny and sticky .... i think Uller may have been using his porridge on his points!

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
.... i think Uller may have been using his porridge on his points!

WHAT!!!!! Porridge doesn't work....:jaw-dropp

I'll need to re-do all my points again....:muttering:muttering

Hope the marmalade gonna be strong enough for the fletchings though....

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Hope the marmalade gonna be strong enough for the fletchings though....
You should let RH know about your secret marmalade fletching glue 'cos the fletches he repairs at Glasgow seem to be stuck on with water!

And if you think porridge is runny RH, you're making it wrong! :raspberry

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
... assuming I'm not using 'porridge' as a euphemism for something else! :angel:

and I'd like to see you keep fletching on shaft with the maniac de-fletchers we get as beginners! I swear they compete to see who can get the most fletching off.
I'd like to point out I'm the most dedicated equipment officer that club's ever had. Strings made and repaired, fletches stuck back on, broken nocks replaced, frames made/patched up (admittedly I have done more than my fair share of the damage to the frames :D)

Got 38 allys to get ready ... and the fletch/nock box has gone missing! Will need to wander over on sunday and look in container.

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
the Thankyou speech

I would like to thank first of all darthTer for nominating me for this most prestigious award (I'm sure he's building up to one of his own) and to Dave for seeing fit to bestow upon me such high (low) esteem. I would also like to thank all those who supported my nomination (you know who you are), it makes all my blistered skin sacrifice worth it :) .

I would also like to suggest to the awarding committee (Dave) that the Fonz award should be given the same amount of respect as Frostbites, Americans and SCoco's and be given a Fonz AIUK Trophy Badge. These could be offered (at a price :D ) to those who have achieved this distinction in the face of overwhelming sensibility. I merely make this suggestion in honour of those, more worthy, who have received this award before me.

Thanks,

Uller.