Outdoors = no more broken arrows.... or not!

Random_guy

Ok, apart from the obvious robin-hooding etc, the general opinion in my club was that your arrows were much safer outdoors than in, due to the lack of walls to hit!

Oh no....

We'd just been discussing this at the first outdoor shoot of the season when there was a loud crack from 60 yds away. My girlfriend had managed to hit the peg which holds the boss up against strong winds, shattering it completely. Later someone else hit the stand, which also cracked the shaft of her arrow :duh:

And there was me thinking that my arrows were finally safe...... :faint:

D

Deleted member 74

We used to have much less luck with our arrows outdoors than indoors. It may have had to do with the concrete blocks we used as tiedowns for the targets... or it may have had to do with the cement barrier at the fenceline where arrows could skip across the surface and easily reach... or it may have had to do with the soft gravel surface that hardened up like stone when no rain fell for more than a week. It is never a nice sound hearing an ACC/X10/GoldTip landing against something that has better decelerating properties than a boss... :(

Shirt

grantwomack said:
It is never a nice sound hearing an GoldTip landing against something that has better decelerating properties than a boss... :(
Wasn't nice, but it was bloody funny. Sounded like cloth tearing... most amusing. :D :D

D

Deleted member 74

The most amusing part was the fact that the largest piece we found was only about an inch long!

SLOWHAND

I bought a new set of Aces for the 2004 indoor season. I was absolutely paranoid about shooting more than one per target and used three spots exclusively on club nights, I hated shooting Portsmouths 'cause I had to shoot three on the same target. And then we went outdoors and on the first shoot Bald Eagle Robin Hooded one!!