At which point do you realise you left something important at home ?

SVL

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
A few years ago but.....

I once travelled down to a shoot at Grange Over Sands only to get there, (just over an hour and half latter, along the twisty narrow coast road and over the fells), to discover that I had left the bow at home :faint:

Did stay for :cake: before heading home.
Even to this day about six years latter nobody lets me forget.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
At a shoot a couple of years ago, one of the irish archers realised he'd forgotten his string!! Hazel give him one of her spares, and he said he shot better than with his own! She didn't let him keep it though :D

I once went away to a competition and left my sightmarks at home! Unfortunately, my ex wasn't great at reading my handwriting, so even though she found them, it was a hit and miss deciphering job. I think all but one were ok. *phew*

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Popping down the road to shoot at your local field and forgetting your bow is borderline Fonz worthy. But to travel a whole hour and a half and then remembering you'd forgotten your bow is the stuff of a true fonz nominee.

Enjoy the little chap SVL.

SVL said:
A few years ago but.....

I once travelled down to a shoot at Grange Over Sands only to get there, (just over an hour and half latter, along the twisty narrow coast road and over the fells), to discover that I had left the bow at home :faint:

Did stay for :cake: before heading home.
Even to this day about six years latter nobody lets me forget.

Kae

The American
American Shoot
touchwood :duh: I haven't forgotten anything major yet, although I have forgotten little things ie scorebook :raspberry

avalon

when I was a junior, I turned up to an indoor tournament ready to shoot the morning session... that was until I realised I didn't have my string. Fortunately I have a tendency to go to shoots at least an hour in advance, and a very kind Dad, who drove the 1/2 hour home to get me a string, and got back just in time for sighters.
It was worth it... I won :)

simon m

Ironman
Usually when i roll into the carpark at the club..........however i'm only a fifteen minute round trip so its all good

Sponge

Fonz Awardee
Done the reverse. Got home, opened he boot, and suddently realised that my bow is still sitting out on the kit line at the club.

Advange of shooting by yourself is no-one is there to laugh at you. Downside is no-one points out that you haven't taken you kit with you.

Sponge.

simon m

Ironman
Sponge said:
Done the reverse. Got home, opened he boot, and suddently realised that my bow is still sitting out on the kit line at the club.

Advange of shooting by yourself is no-one is there to laugh at you. Downside is no-one points out that you haven't taken you kit with you.

Sponge.
That gotta be the quickest trip back to the range EVER!

Flandyman

wife left her handbag at parents home once - thats Lincoln - we got to Monmouth about 9:45 pm on a Sunday on the way back home to S Wales when she realised - house keys ! I was quite polite :muted: all the way back to Lincoln and back to Wales - of course being a man anything I ever left was intentional :cheerful:

LineCutter

Did it for the first time ever last week. Left my quiver behind. Fortunately that only leaves me missing one of my matched pair of tabs (in case I forget one, of course) & I can survive without a belt quiver for a session... no, hang on, I got the spare (dry) tab out when it was p***ing down with rain at the Salisbury FITA & on autopilot put it safely away...in my quiver:(

Marcus26

I've had 3 similar things
1) not archery, but I once drove 1.5 hours to setup a network for a 24hour gaming night and left 2 10c terminators behind. After much hacking to try and make it work I conceeded and drove home and got them, 3 hour round trip.

2) Turned up to a field shoot and my wife had left her release at home. She borrowed my back tension. It was a limited edition Zenith in the US flag anodizing which I liked alot. I never got it back. 3 years later it's still her #1 release

3) Beat this one. Me and my Dad went with an archery dealer to a Nationals to assist him in running a stall there. When we arrived and were unpacking my Dad said "did you pack the arrow tube?". "No", I said, "I thought you had".
This was after a 9 hour drive. :eek: :lol:

MikeD

When stood in the queue to register at the shoot. Hand goes to back pocket to get wallet and GNAS cards. No wallet. Damn green trousers. :sorry:

jammed05

about two weeks ago i was meeting my coach for my first lesson, got to the club and realized had left keys at home, shot home to get them looked in my quiver realized my tab was also at home. so had to borrow a spare one. wasnt good due to the first time meeting the coach.

Vanya Goud

Ironman
OK SVL, I am sorry that I am the one who never lets you forget this....but I will now come clean.
When leaving Cheshire to return to Uni in Scotland to print out and submit my PhD thesis, I arrived to find I had left my hard drive at home containing said thesis! Result....twelve hours driving for a four hour journey. Don't worry we all have the "muppet" moments.

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
SVL said:

Just as I'm about to step up to the line................................ mmm, arrows?

Luckily, it was only a club night, so as a penance I scored Tinkerbell's sheet.

Mick

SVL

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
morphymick said:
[/SIZE]
Just as I'm about to step up to the line................................ mmm, arrows?

Luckily, it was only a club night, so as a penance I scored Tinkerbell's sheet.

Mick

Oppps also done that ... but borrowed the clubs beginners course arrows and shot 100y just for the crack .... even managed to hit the target:arc:

hypertigger

a couple of years back (during my break from archery due to phd) i entered the beds double fita for a laugh. so i meticulously packed my boyfriend's car (my sister had forgotten her riser once on the work top, so that went in.

and so drove there, unpacking car, after several trips with tents and things asked where's my bow? I had also been wandered up and down the line chatting to friends and john cavanagh offered to lend me a RH compound for the day! in the end decided to go home as i hadn't had much training time and went shopping instead. D'oh!!

haven't done that one since!!