Shafted by my own arrow

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
So for the first time this year I'm shooting on my home field and there's no force nine gale blowing. No wind, its perfectly calm.
Today I tackle 80 yrds in preparation for a Bannockburn New Warwick. Dial in 1.0 on my sight and shoot ... thats low in the wood. I had forgotten that every sight mark I have was achieved in nasty winds and I'm consistently shooting low in the calm.
So we wander to the target, the boss is taken down, a screwdriver blade is inserted into the wood and as the crack is eased apart I pull ...
... Now as I pull I twist slightly and my right leg, which was out of the way of any rearward moving arrow (I know I checked), is suddenly skewered by my fast rearward moving navigator :eek: (anyone know why G-nock pin nocks need a really sharp tip?)
So here we are 10 hours later and I'm still leaking a bit. Frankly I think there's more blood soaked into our field (like I'm going to stop shooting for a flesh wound) than in my veins and I'm worried that I now have an arrow that's tasted human blood.

Worth a Fonz? It was done without a bow but I did manage to insert my own arrow into my own thigh ...backwards!

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I'd say no - we've all done that but I suppose you did take it to extremes.
Ah but isnt that what the Fonz is all about. Taking a minor thing and turning it into a drama, crisis and phone call to the insurers?

additional...
Went to A&E at 7:45am this morn** cause it was still leaking a bit. Got prodded by a nurse (OH MATRON!), a tetanus injection and told to 'go away silly person'. Bedside manner in glasgow does lack something I feel.

** best time to go to an A&E dept. Theres no queues. was in and out in 35 mins

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Expecting compassion from Giffnock archers is a bit like expecting sobriety from them!
It was a self-inflicted injury so the nearest thing to compassion you get from us is a clean wire brush with which to apply the Dettol.
DarthTer's right. :rolleyes:

Trunkles

The American
American Shoot
Ah no - pull an arrow out with your leg in the way and you expect blood and pain.
The Fonz is the other things with unexpected and unintended consequences.

billyjiahaogao

Sometimes I think I'm better off shooting the arrow backwards. The nock is so much sharper, I'd get a bit of aerodyamics in...

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Expecting compassion from Giffnock archers is a bit like expecting sobriety from them!
Does compassion include the Ullers' (Giffnock Archers both) offer of the use of their first aid kit? Harrumph to your denegration of a fine club!! I blow my nose in your general direction. :muttering:censored:

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Does compassion include the Ullers' (Giffnock Archers both) offer of the use of their first aid kit? Harrumph to your denegration of a fine club!! I blow my nose in your general direction. :muttering:censored:
Think you'll find mr uller went an odd shade of green and wandered away rather quickly ... although I did appreciate the antiseptic wipe from the rather more hardy mrs uller.

Fine club? Giffnock? Shurely shume misstake!**

I mock your nose blowing cause I've wiped my nose on Darthter.

**although the club drinking premise is rather nice.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
I mock your nose blowing cause I've wiped my nose on Darthter.

**although the club drinking premise is rather nice.
That there be fighting talk.....At least have the good grace not to bleed all over our feild *IF* we ever let you shoot on it again!!!!

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Think you'll find mr uller went an odd shade of green and wandered away rather quickly ... although I did appreciate the antiseptic wipe from the rather more hardy mrs uller.
I don't recall any greeness :scratchch, I merely deemed it just a scratch and got on with my shooting. It must have been your close to fainting spell that affected your colour vision... :faint:

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I don't recall any greeness :scratchch, I merely deemed it just a scratch and got on with my shooting. It must have been your close to fainting spell that affected your colour vision... :faint:
Had it been someone elses blood I would have agreed but I've never bothered much about my own as my unbelievably long list of injuries and down right dangerous pastimes tend to hint at.
The "Rabid" in my name is there for a reason ... otherwise I would be soft and fluffy and I'm sure you would agree I am anything but! ... and now I must return to the site of the sundays bloodletting otherwise you aint getting in.

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
I did appreciate the antiseptic wipe from mrs uller.
So you do indeed accept that you were shown compassion.
It appears to me that you have blown a scratch out of all proportion just to try to get a Fonz. Deary me, you should think deep burning shame young man. Harrumph again - and further nasal discharge. :raspberry :rotfl:

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
So, rabid and lame.... one way ticket to the Vet perhaps?
so to answer your questions...
  • Rabid? yes, always!
  • lame? no, I'm not limping
    and
  • yes, any chance I get. my local vet is a total babe with an affection for rodents.

So you do indeed accept that you were shown compassion.
No, I said I appreciated the wipe ... the brutal mocking and contempt that came with it was unnecessarily harsh I felt.

Giffnock likes to give with one hand while b!t*h slapping you with the other it seems.