Talki too much

R

rgsphoto

Ok I'm at Wakefield today shooting away and get chatting to a chap on the other target. I get interested in our conversation. The whistle blows I walk to pick up and score my arrows.Ah. Problem..they are still in my quiver. I forgot to shoot them. hahahaha, ended up with 535 with three misses! It may take a while to live that one down at the club!

Medoc

Ironman
Rich, when you arrive on Tuesday evening please be dressed in sackcloth and ashes or a hair shirt, we lost the team to Selby by 14..............mmmm even on a very bad day a blind monkey with a compound could score how many with 3 arrows???????

Please go to the naughty boys corner. :gloomy:

Max

Medoc said:
...mmmm even on a very bad day a blind monkey with a compound could score how many with 3 arrows??????
Did someone call for a blind monkey with a compound? - hey pick me, pick me!!! Seriously Rich....This indoor thing is not going well is it?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
tel said:
Gold Flinger - your presence is required...
You may not want to shout too loud Tel, it may bring back some painful memories for Goldie of the recent Lancashire shoot at Chorley....

R

rgsphoto

Max said:
Did someone call for a blind monkey with a compound? - hey pick me, pick me!!! Seriously Rich....This indoor thing is not going well is it?

Just you wait, the summer is coming, the story will be a lot brighter come the outdoor season. .....

FrodoGrant

rgsphoto said:
Ok I'm at Wakefield today shooting away and get chatting to a chap on the other target. I get interested in our conversation. The whistle blows I walk to pick up and score my arrows.Ah. Problem..they are still in my quiver. I forgot to shoot them. hahahaha, ended up with 535 with three misses! It may take a while to live that one down at the club!
well I popped to the 'facilities' between ends at our Postal Portsmouth yesterday, when I got back i couldn't find my tab so had to borrow a friends for the next end... after lots of searching I found it, in my pocket!!! I remembered, then, I put it there for safe keeping.....:bang:

Gold Flinger

Fonz Awardee
Dave said:
You may not want to shout too loud Tel, it may bring back some painful memories for Goldie of the recent Lancashire shoot at Chorley....

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whadevvurr... Talk to the hand... Yada, yada, yada. Ever wondered why top archers are so rude? It's so they don't get lulled into conversation and forget to shoot!
On a normal day, missing your detail and scoring 3 misses wouldn't constitute a Fonz, but I think we should take into account the acute embarrasment caused by letting your team down and add insult to your already-injured reputation.
Have a Fonz, but don't spend too much time bragging about it, you may forget to shoot your arrows! :D

R

rgsphoto

Gold Flinger said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, whadevvurr... Talk to the hand... Yada, yada, yada. Ever wondered why top archers are so rude? It's so they don't get lulled into conversation and forget to shoot!
On a normal day, missing your detail and scoring 3 misses wouldn't constitute a Fonz, but I think we should take into account the acute embarrasment caused by letting your team down and add insult to your already-injured reputation.
Have a Fonz, but don't spend too much time bragging about it, you may forget to shoot your arrows! :D
It turns out I would have had to shoot a near 600 for us to win. That will never happen this year.

Not sure how to take your comments Mr Flinger! Probably with the contempt is deserves . It must be a good one for you to be so nasty. A job well done.

Last edited: