Whats that rattle Sponge?

Sponge

Fonz Awardee
Finally get out to shoot a round, trying to get my 2nd Class.

Sighters all going left, bit of sight adjustment and I am getting some good shots.

My shots then slowly, and steadily start going left. Now, there was a bit of cross wind and people were generally going left. Bit of windage adjustment and back on track.

Then I start shooting more to the left again. More adjustment and back on track.

At this point, Meta tells me that my bow has a rattle. My rest sounds like someone shaking a tin of nails on a good day, so I tell him not to worry.

After 6 doz, each end with more adjustment, my sight is starting to run out of adjustment and I am getting a little puzzled.

It is only when I am taking down my bow that I find that the button has nearly wound itself out of the hole.

Moral of the story: If a better archey tells you that your bow sounds different, check everything.

Sponge

p.s. when I say better archer, I of course mean someone that remembers to shoot all 6 arrows on an end :melodrama

p.p.s. Still PB'ed and got my second class.

Merlin83b

Sponge said:
p.p.s. Still PB'ed and got my second class.
:thumbsup:

Nice one! When did you get to shoot this weekend? Hasn't the weather been grotty all the time or did you just brave it?

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Nice one Sponge.

Had the dreaded rattle myself yesterday, but managed to locate it straight away and lock it down.

Merlin, not everyone is a fair weather wimp, some of us are stupid. :raspberry Besides, Sponges soak up all the water.

Mick

Sponge

Fonz Awardee
Shot fromabout 13:30 on Saturday, wearing shorts. Perfectly fine weather. Then shot again from about 18:00 on Sunday, again in shorts.

Sponge.

Morning

Sponge said:
Shot fromabout 13:30 on Saturday, wearing shorts. Perfectly fine weather. Then shot again from about 18:00 on Sunday, again in shorts.

Sponge.
And very nice legs he has too. :drool:

Merlin83b

I probably wouldn't have looked, Morning ;)

Annoyed about Saturday - nearly went but thought weather looked rubbish so gave it a miss. Wasn't Les supposed to be painting the ground, though?

Nearly went down last night but by that time other things were on. If the weather picks up I'm planning on one or two evening shoots this week. Jammed05 has said he'll come along...

Steady on murphymick - there are a couple of archers on this 'ere forum who will attest to me shooting in the rain and getting wet! It's the travel that's the thing - takes me so long to get to the range that if I then can't shoot it's a huge waste of time.