why you dont draw a bow in the house or pillow hunting

General_Lee

Fonz Awardee
I'd like to claim my fonz, did something monumentaly stupid last night. my wife was helping me take measurements of my bow at full draw for sight calc stuff someone at our club has put together. i'd thought about accidents and loaded the bow to avoid accidentaly dry firing. we had finished taking the measurements and i was coming down when i caught the trigger on my wrist release, "click, thump"
the arrow flew through two open doorways and burried itself 6" in the pillow. now not alowed to even look at the bow box in the house.

Snarkhunter

Ironman
I didn't realize Bob's calculator could be so dangerous! Definitely deserves a Fonz.

"Pillow hunting" made me laugh! :hyper:

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
At least yours hit a pillow. Mine embedded itself 8" into a plasterboard wall in my flat, which has yet to be repaired :innocent: (and I RENT!).

Snarkhunter

Ironman
At least yours hit a pillow. Mine embedded itself 8" into a plasterboard wall in my flat, which has yet to be repaired :innocent: (and I RENT!).
8 inches! Surely that should read ?8" through a plasterboard wall...??

Still scary though.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
8 inches! Surely that should read ?8" through a plasterboard wall...??

Still scary though.
Whatever..there's a big cavity between that wall and the one behind it. If it had gone completely through, it would ended up in my kitchen!!! :mind-blow

Ceri Jones

Ironman
I'd like to claim my fonz, did something monumentaly stupid last night. my wife was helping me take measurements of my bow at full draw for sight calc stuff someone at our club has put together. i'd thought about accidents and loaded the bow to avoid accidentaly dry firing. we had finished taking the measurements and i was coming down when i caught the trigger on my wrist release, "click, thump"
the arrow flew through two open doorways and burried itself 6" in the pillow. now not alowed to even look at the bow box in the house.
I did it yesterday but into a sports hall floor, ACC didnt survive but what shocked me was that the nock bushing was flat (when i found the bits) and it gouged 5cm long and 1cm deep gash into the wooden floor:innocent:

Zanda

popular !

I did it yesterday but into a sports hall floor, ACC didnt survive but what shocked me was that the nock bushing was flat (when i found the bits) and it gouged 5cm long and 1cm deep gash into the wooden floor:innocent:
Whoops I bet your popular with the folks who the hall is rented from :cheerful:

Ceri Jones

Ironman
Whoops I bet your popular with the folks who the hall is rented from :cheerful:
They wouldnt notice... it goes quite well with all the other dents marks and gouges already in the floor, its that old wood crisscross sports hall flooring and the lines havnt been redone in the last decade and the place is up to be demolished anyway.

At least i got all the bits of ally and carbon, that was my main worry was leaving carbon splinters but brushed the entire floor to make sure, still didnt find what happened to the nock, think that may have been the post impact cloud of dust.

Robin the Hood

I shot a clock whilst checking draw lenght using a clicker.
GOOD TIMING THEN JERRY?........:muted:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I was practicing the clicker many years ago in the bedroom.
Drawing back thinking to myself....Don't let go!....Don't let go!....Don't let go!....Don't let go!....CLICK.....LetGo...:yuck:

Paul

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
If it'd been a teddy bear, antique vase, expensive tv that would have been an immediate Fonz, perhaps even a Gold Fonz! But a pillow's a bit on the safe side!

However, because you nocked an arrow inside the house to make it 'safer' just in case you dry fired your bow; that has to be worth a Fonz....!

Enjo the little chap!

archeryal

Clickerati, I found a solution for that cavity in the wall - Colgate toothpaste works fine to fill in the hole. I think the statute of limitations has expired, since it happened in 1976. My landlord didn't catch on, but he did shaft me on some other items that were in his imagination.

Shooting clock

This demands a bit more info,like was it a town hall clock, a bedside clock, did it stop the clock, what time was it, etc, you have left us hungry for more! Or is it too embarrassing?

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Whatever..there's a big cavity between that wall and the one behind it. If it had gone completely through, it would ended up in my kitchen!!! :mind-blow
erm...i moved some things on the top of my microwave over the weekend and that arrow DID go through to the kitchen. the damage on that side is more than a wee hole like the entry wound. this is going to need some serious spackling and paintwork.

doh!!! :duh:

Zef

erm...i moved some things on the top of my microwave over the weekend and that arrow DID go through to the kitchen. the damage on that side is more than a wee hole like the entry wound. this is going to need some serious spackling and paintwork.

doh!!! :duh:
You just need some cleverly positioned Van Gogh to cover up those wall wounds. I somehow made a rather large hole in my bedroom wall and noone was aware thanks to some sticky tape and a poster until it was time to redecorate =)