You'll shoot yer eye out, kid!

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I'm a generally a clumsy person. It's not unknown for me to come home bruised and bloodied on any average day. So perhaps this instance won't help me towards a Fonz Award.

My club hosted a Halloween Shoot last night with two other clubs. We shot after dark using only small lights illuminating the bosses. We had our own arrows, but used lightweight club bows (one for each target).

One bow had a very thin string and my arrows were not nocking on them. Everytime I thought I'd sussed it, the arrow would drop off. Finally, we figured out how to keep the arrows nocked. I raised, drew and just as I was about to let go...*pop* the arrow came off the bow and flew backwards and hit me on the left cheek, just under my eye. Basically...I shot myself! :scared:

I would've been better off throwing my arrows at the target!! :thumbsdow

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
I'm afraid shooting yourself in the face does not get any Fonzier than that. Congrats, Click, welcome to the club :) (And if I knew where Goldie had left the Gold Fonz awards I think it'd deserve one of them :))

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I was almost hit by an arrow on Friday.

On the line, the person two to my right dropped his bow, which hit the longrod of the person immediately to my right. His arrow jumped off the rest and headed my way, the next thing I knew it was skittering across the floor towards the owner.

It didn't hit me, so probably hit my bow....

T.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I'm afraid shooting yourself in the face does not get any Fonzier than that. Congrats, Click, welcome to the club :) (And if I knew where Goldie had left the Gold Fonz awards I think it'd deserve one of them :))
Sweet! I knew my clumsiness would pay off one day!!! :D

Schme1440

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I was almost hit by an arrow on Friday.

On the line, the person two to my right dropped his bow, which hit the longrod of the person immediately to my right. His arrow jumped off the rest and headed my way, the next thing I knew it was skittering across the floor towards the owner.

It didn't hit me, so probably hit my bow....

T.
I take it this in indoors?

I hope the guy who dropped his arm realises how dangerous that could have been. Its so important indoors to keep your bow arm towards the target and not to move it side to side as he has done. Indoors has less space then outdoors and this is very dangerous. You were luck Tarkwin.
We had some thing similar at our club. Full draw, no clicker, high wind. Suddenly some finds an arrow pointing right at them. Luckly it wasnt shot. its a good thing we are all on the ball in our club other wise it could have been very dangerous.

Jimbo

Many, many years ago a cousin of my father did literally lose an eye after firing an arrow into the air from a home-made kiddies bow. For this reason I was never, ever allowed toy archery set when I was a sprog.