Lost equipment

AlanDC

Hello Everybody

I have been introduced to this site by a friend (Thanks Paul) as a result of a recent car theft last week where myself and 3 collegues were targeted and our equipment stolen.
Two prized bespoke longbows together with 4 leather quivers and upwards of 6 dozen arrows together with other equipment have been taken.

Fortunatly, everything is insured but the time to make and replace these items is a bind especially the highly decorated quivers. I would ask that if anyone hears of bespoke equipment being sold that you let me know. it just could be..........?

Best regards

AlanDC

*This is an edited version of Alan's post from the Introduction Forum. Cheers, Clicki

Last edited by a moderator:

Seddy

Re stolen archery gear

My archery equipment was also stolen from my locked car, in locked garage in Yorkshire in January The bow is a blue Yamaha Elloa 32 lb 66ins. Easily recognised as the clicker extension bar was a bolt drilled in to the back of the handle, with a carbon arrow sleeve on it. 2 sets of ACE's 1 set orange fletchings, 1 set green plus all the usual bits/bobs in a 'field locker' case. Sorely missed!

JohnK

I hate to say this, Seddy, but that sounds like an Eolla I saw on Ebay a few weeks ago. Maybe Ebay would be able to help you check some old listings if you contacted them.

JohnK

Yes, that's the one. :D

Thanks for the hint about the Advanced Search. My Ebay-fu is weak . . . so far. ;)

Thunk

Ironman
JohnK said:
Yes, that's the one. :D

Thanks for the hint about the Advanced Search. My Ebay-fu is weak . . . so far. ;)
John, if that is your bow, do let everybody know what transpires. It would be good to know if you manage to get it back, or what recourse you have against the seller, who of course is technically guilty of handling stolen goods.

JohnK

Thunk, I Thunk you misunderstood.

Seddy Sed that their bow was stolen. I Sed I Thunk I saw one like it on Ebay. Shirt posted a link, which effectively Teled me that the one I was Thunking of wasn't Seddy's bow. Tel Shirtly followed Shirt's posting with one very similar.

I hope that's clear. :D

Small Monkey

JohnK said:
Thunk, I Thunk you misunderstood.

Seddy Sed that their bow was stolen. I Sed I Thunk I saw one like it on Ebay. Shirt posted a link, which effectively Teled me that the one I was Thunking of wasn't Seddy's bow. Tel Shirtly followed Shirt's posting with one very similar.

I hope that's clear. :D
*wipes coffee off monitor* I've got stop reading this over breakfast...

Thunk

Ironman
Well I'm laughing too, and I haven't even had coffee yet! Sorry for the misunderstanding!

I'm not as thunk as people drink I am!

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Just for the record, Seddy's riser was all blue, not blue green fade.

I've been keeping an eye out for it since it was stolen, and so far it hasn't appeared on ebay.

Keep yer eyes peeled.

Cheers,

Mick