Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Bimble's archery photos

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

BUCS: Southern Qualifier

Here we go again, another winter, another University Indoor Archery Champs. For those of you who remember last year, to increase participation rather than one very large event (~62 bosses, x3 sessions), there are now a Southern and Northern qualifier events, leading onto a final (top 30% from each discipline qualify), which again will be in Bristol (next weekend).

Because there were complaints about the length of time between the two events last year, this year they were both on the same weekend. That made it a bit trickier to make both events, luckily, the Northern hall, being slightly smaller, had shooting over both days, whereas Southern was just the Sat.

These photos are from the Southern shoot.

The full album can be found HERE

Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

BUCS: Northern Qualifier

Due to timing issues (basically, two events on the same weekend), I wasn't able to make the first day of the Northern BUCS Qualifier, because I was down in Crawley for the Southern Qualifier. But as soon as that had finished, I jumped in my car and drove up to Preston, where University of Central Lancashire & Liverpool Uni were hosting. Needless to say I am looking forward to when the two events are in Exeter/Aberdeen and I'm not going to be able to make the drive. I'll still try, I just don't think I'll make it!

But enough chit-chat, that's not what you've come here to see after all... the full album of the second day is up on Flickr and can be found HERE, but I just just leave a little taster below...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (02-04-18)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

BUCS Finals

You'll be pleased to know that as the year drifts through March, we are rapidly approaching the end of the indoor season (yay!!), however, that means there are a couple more big indoor shoots to go. The first is the finals of the university indoor championships. The full album is up on Flickr and can be found HERE

The layout of the album is a bit different, because they needed some photos asap, so the first couple doz are a representation of some of my immediate favourites, followed by the rest (once I had sorted them out)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

little-else (15-03-18)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

British University Team Champs

Ahhhh, the end of the indoor season, which can only mean snow, rain, wind... all of that to look forward to! However, there is still one more indoor shoot to cover, and that is the British University Team Championships, using the Beiter hit/miss targets.

The format is very simple, 32 teams, made up of three recruve* archers. Bray I as a qualifier, and then a straight knockout format. Each archer in the team getting two shots, for a maximum of 6 "hits" per end. Winner after four ends continues.

This year the shoot was being hosted by the University of Birmingham. The full album is up Flickr and can be found HERE, and as I have had to do the last few shoots, the first couple dozen are a selection of my favourites that I put up early whilst I sort through the ~1,400 that I actually took over the course of the day.

But here are a selection for you to look at

* - there are also often barebowers in some of the smaller teams

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (02-04-18)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bucks & Bounty...

A bit later than normal... my fault, I've been busy and then it slipped my mind! However, I was up in Lilleshall for the first day of the Bucks & Bounty shoot, which was also the first leg of the Tier 1 National Tour shoots. It was... sunny. With only a little breeze... or in other words, most unlike Lilleshall!! The full album can be found HERE.

Thanks
    Wheee. That string in pic number 3...
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast