Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: War bow verses Compound?

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Love that in one video the guys says "make your compound or crossbow an even more deadlier weapon", but at the top of the website it says "not suitable for crossbows"

Quote Originally Posted by dvd8n View Post
    Also reminded me of this video, which includes some pretty cool slow motion footage of an exploding watermelon!!

Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bimble View Post
    "make your compound or crossbow an even more deadlier weapon"
    Even more deadlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For when dead just isn't good enough!!!!!!!!
    Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dvd8n View Post
    Airguns maybe?
    I said airguns in this thread an nobody listened. Well have a look at these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_DsjavaufI

Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
    With most hunters choosing to use a compound do you not think that would be the most popular? But I agree that the crossbow may the most likely candidate.
    I don't want to sound contentious here, (compounders don't flame me I shoot compound as well as my recurve), but I have several friends who hunt in the states. My perception thinking back on random conversations with them on hunting goes along the lines of:

They started hunting with rifles, and wanted to up their stalking / hunting skills so went for the challenge of bow hunting. For them I think it is the familiarity of sighting with the peephole, the speed of the arrows which draws to compounds.. Another big factor is their confidence in their ability to Hit the target, I know it sounds like a contradiction in terms but most hunters I have met have a deep love of nature and wildlife and hate the idea of only wounding an animal. A fact that makes me wonder why 3d archery competitions, which I think appeal because it is emulating hunting, give points for a wounding shot... should take the points away :P

ouch I feel I am probably upsetting several groups here now..

Regards,
    Barrie

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrief View Post
    I don't want to sound contentious here, (compounders don't flame me I shoot compound as well as my recurve), but I have several friends who hunt in the states. My perception thinking back on random conversations with them on hunting goes along the lines of:

They started hunting with rifles, and wanted to up their stalking / hunting skills so went for the challenge of bow hunting. For them I think it is the familiarity of sighting with the peephole, the speed of the arrows which draws to compounds.. Another big factor is their confidence in their ability to Hit the target, I know it sounds like a contradiction in terms but most hunters I have met have a deep love of nature and wildlife and hate the idea of only wounding an animal. A fact that makes me wonder why 3d archery competitions, which I think appeal because it is emulating hunting, give points for a wounding shot... should take the points away :P

ouch I feel I am probably upsetting several groups here now..

Regards,
    Barrie
    sounds like fair enough comments to me.....
    non quod, sed quomodo.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789