Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acc v Acg vAce's

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    An X7 2014 is a worse choice than a 2013 XX75? I think that theory is pretty much shot to bits right there :P

In the Green
    Thanks
    There was a research paper done in 2012 which analysed the drift each of those arrows had using a mechanical rig to ensure consistency.... Turns out the difference in wind drift between carbon ones, ACG's and ACE's was tiny

In the White
    Thanks
    Thank you for all the replies they are a great help

Cheers
    Justin

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    Weight becomes critical at longer distances. For the same bow (i.e. same draw weight, same limbs, same archer) and ACE can be around 50% faster than a 1916. Of course you can slow the ACE down by putting a heavy point in it, or by using a heavy string with brass nocking points. But I've not seen any archers using aluminium arrows at distances beyond 60yds.

In the Green
    Thanks
    I once went to a full fita halfway across the country and forgot my outdoor arrows.... ended up using X7's at 90m...... not an experience i want to have again!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to angcpd For This Useful Post:

fluffchucker12 (03-10-18)

Thanks
    my wife is bowman class and opted for ACGs instead of ACEs.. they were 90 euros cheaper for a set of 12. The barrel design on the ACEs in her Easton group of T1 was negligible, with only 0.1 grain per inch difference. I think if you shoot in the lower groups the ACGs are really worth looking at. I slapped spinwings on them and she gained almost 9mm on her sight marks for 70m over her cheaper full carbon arrows. I may even try them myself and I shoot in the T7 group. See them as a low profile and lighter ACC. Nothing ventured..... but do put spinwings on them.. they seem to work real sweet with them.

-->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12