Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Wrist release to...what?

Thanks
    I think this was just rubbish- it was cheap. It detected steel and iron but wouldn't register arrows and I tried for two hours.
    So its gone back and I'll borrow the club one when I can - it just beeps when you go over an arrow - simple.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this was just rubbish- it was cheap. It detected steel and iron but wouldn't register arrows and I tried for two hours.
    So its gone back and I'll borrow the club one when I can - it just beeps when you go over an arrow - simple.

This was some daft thing that tried to tell what metal is was in a really stupid way. No good.
    Mybo Origin

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 946 Posts
    I bought a hand held metal detector from Maplins. Used for scanning for knives on folks going into clubs etc. With a handle fitted from a broom it finds arrows better than the "proper " thing the club bought.

Thanks
    Update on this. After spending 200 on a thumb release, I initially got on okay then got horrendous target panic and draw issues which I've finally managed to sort with a decent quality Carter wrist release bought from a member here. Choose your releases carefully!
    Mybo Origin

Thanks
    I bought a barely used thumb release from a clubmate (Truball Chappy Boss). Then timidly tried a hinge borrowed from another clubmate and loved it. Waiting for my own one to arrive next week (Scott Backspin). Now I'm wondering If I should complete the triumvirate and look for a back tension release too. I've heard that some won't allow you to re-engage the safety though which would be a problem if someone called "fast".

Anyone know if I can get a small velvet lined display cabinet for this collection? 😁

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011