Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Thinning Shooting lines

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 916 Posts
    I never thought I would say this, but I am really getting to like diesels. I am not a boy racer but the surge of power with so few revs always feels like the engine is capable of far more. Plus 60mpg on my normal runs off.30 road tax feels nice too.
    Your BM sounds very exciting. I tried a 125D with a leather interior and msport brakes. It didn't sound quite so smooth as mine; almost like the engine was not happy despite my being gentle with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    I never thought I would say this, but I am really getting to like diesels. I am not a boy racer but the surge of power with so few revs always feels like the engine is capable of far more. Plus 60mpg on my normal runs off.30 road tax feels nice too.
    Your BM sounds very exciting. I tried a 125D with a leather interior and msport brakes. It didn't sound quite so smooth as mine; almost like the engine was not happy despite my being gentle with it.
    I got a bit sick of diesels - had several throw silly fits at us. Our 335d (286bhp, 428lbs-ft) was very nice but it was just before emissions nonsense killed diesel reliability.
    Our van isn't bad and diesel only - a 201bhp bi-turbo 2.0 diesel. It punts the thing (a 2.7 tonne VW camper) along surprisingly well while returning respectable mpg but I much prefer both our petrols overall - the BMW and a 2.5 litre Subaru Outback. Only 165bhp and no turbo but a lovely engine that's utterly bullet proof. And no total nonsense and not being able to drive short distances like in all recent (post 2010ish) diesels.

We'll all be electric soon though whatever we prefer!
    Mybo Origin

In the Green
    Thanks
    Do you think it is affected by the choice of rounds now required to be shot for ranking?

I love all the more traditional rounds but I feel competitive archers may have to miss out f they wish to get the required numbers of 720s etc in. 720s bore me to death!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelS View Post
    Do you think it is affected by the choice of rounds now required to be shot for ranking?

I love all the more traditional rounds but I feel competitive archers may have to miss out f they wish to get the required numbers of 720s etc in. 720s bore me to death!

There is a good chance that it's a major factor - if you want a national ranking it's 720's all the way but Hereford, York, Albion, etc offer so much more fun value.

A two way Western for instance is such a good laugh.

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

In the Black
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven's_Eye View Post
    I've been seeing a number of shoots having to be cancelled due to lack of entries and those that have been on there has been a number of empty spaces on the targets.

I was wondering why people aren't attending shoots as much anymore?

Price of entry, cost of travel, length of shoot?

Just curious really to hear the communities views.

Outdated pedantic rules, perhaps how many fingers and where... what type of arrows... what you may or may not wear .... all of which to some of us are laughable

And I'm only suggesting ..... perhaps its one those or a combination of them

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910