Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: thinking of border

In the Green
    Thanks
    I'm sticking exclusively with Fast Flight +, after a visit to Mellerstain, and Sid's recommendation.
    14 strand works for me (apart from the centre serving getting loose a little quicker on the nocks!)

It's really this question on the lock bolts giving false bottom readings that's puzzling me, can't understand how a "backed off" lock bolt could interfere with the limb bolts finding their bottom setting.

Just a couple of other points to throw in the mix as random findings.

1. My Arten Olympic sight didn't work on the Tempest, as the vertical elevation bar fouls on the back button placement. May be the same for the Angel sight with the riser mounted elevation bar, but I haven't tried that. Ended up using a Shibuya sight which fits in the "normal" way.

2. It's a devil to attach wrist slings to the riser and get them to stay put, due to the curves. I ended up attaching an Easton "Stiffy" sling to the rear of the riser by using the threaded hole below the handle, and one of the brass weights as a retainer. Works perfectly!

Thanks again,

Andy.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    I haven't found this issue with the lock bolts. But I have always just taken everything completely apart when I get a new (to me) riser to clean out threads etc. It's easy to work out numbers of turns etc from there.
    I have a Spigarelly carbon 30 sight that fits perfectly. I can use either of the button placements, but tend to use the furthest one from me - plenty of clearance and less influence from my sometimes twitchy bow hand. I'd recommend using a finger sling rather than a wrist sling on all bows, regardless of fit. In my experience wrist slings are a starting point for no end of bad habits!
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the Green
    Thanks
    It's true!
    The lock bolts can interfere with the limb bolts bottoming out.
    Tried this today, and found that, when the lock bolt appears to have found its bottom location, a couple of turns on the lock bolt inwards allows the limb bolt to move further into the riser.
    No idea how this is happening, but it does.

I think I'm a lost cause Mr Toad, used wrist slings for thirty years, since my Greenhorn GL2000 days (still got it!, the bow that is!)
    Finger slings just don't work for me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789