Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too soon to write off 2018 ??

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 871 Posts
    My compound still isn't playing nicely, despite multiple fettling attempts the peep is insisting on randomly twisting making any sort of round impossible.
    Remove the peep and enjoy the compound. A peep is not essential; the release aid and let off are great advantages in themselves.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Compound is staying in its bag until winter comes back - weather forecast for Saturday is 8 degrees and sunny so no matter what happens it's longbow day and a New Natuonal.

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

Thanks
    HURRAH - 2018 is back in business ! ! ! ! !

Sunny morning, no wind, keen archer with a LONGBOW in hand, what more could a person want?

Shot a 101 on a New National, well past Bowman, utterly chilled & delighted.

Bonus was one of our juniors getting a 6 gold end

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

In the Red
    Thanks
    well, I broke 2 arrows and a bowstring on wednesday and the replacement string lost its brass nock yesterday. My shooting partner moaned constantly about his performance doing a WA70m despite getting a score of 240 odd to my 150. Apparently the sunshine and lack of wind is more off putting than shearing your arrows in half due to a gale. Still at least I can now donate another set of wooden arrows to the juniors as I no longer have enough of that dozen to shoot and so have shortened them by 3" to match the broken ones.
    Bloody physiscs

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Time to learn to put a cotton nock on and get rid of the nasty brass things.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Thanks
    I'm having a slow start too - doubts with my bow, clashes with club indoor shoot times, persistently vile weather making even garden shooting tricky (and I have SUCH a good garden set up too - so no excuses!). Just want to get to our outdoor range (there have been a couple of Frostbites there - both clashed with holidays!) and get some arrows shot and put a few demons to bed.

Meanwhile my expensive bow and other kit keeps looking at me, making me feel guilty.
    I get the same with my lovely MTB I used to use a lot - not much used but it's getting a major Alps outing in Summer.

On the other hand my running and surfing kit get SO much use they wear out at an alarming rate!
    Mybo Origin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast