Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M106 GLORY COMPOUND BOW

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgas View Post
    I believe the M106 is made by Junxing who made crossbows for the Chinese army. I see the Kinetik bows are a mixture of Topoint and other Chinese manufacturers, I believe another is a Sanlida. They along with Junxing use USA manufactured limbs so there shouldn't be issues with the limbs. This is not unusual to find US parts in Chinese products especially control systems, people will always buy brands but it is not to say "some" unbranded products do not stand up "on a functional degree" to high end products. I bought a Chinese manufactured spa system imported and delivered from China with US control systems for 50% of the cost of a locally sourced product of much inferior spec. We have had it for 2 years now with no problem. 50% cost included all vat and delivery to house.
    I think you missed the point the OP was making: for 139 you can have an extremely powerful lethal weapon in the hands of someone with no experience, training etc.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    I realised the original point but also the point was being made on the quality issues of Chinese bows and if you would trust one in a bow press etc? Inexpensive lethal weapons abound in every kitchen house and workshop, as well as the odd crossbow pistol being discharged into the belly of an attacker, a drill the other day was used in an attack and yes the inevitable acid attack. Perhaps all bows should be sold at 1,000 then no one will come to any harm.
    [SIGPIC] When the road forks, follow your heart.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haha very good obfuscation. You can't buy a knife under 16 but you could buy this. You'd have trouble putting a knife onto Lords Cricket field from the street but you could put an arrow there with this. Maybe you didn't see that that happened last summer. Farm animals, horses and pets get injured with cheap crossbow sets and bows just like this. Not so much the 1000 plus ranges.

So maybe things like this will make it harder for genuine sporting archers because accidents/intentional harm with equipment like this strengthen the argument of those who ask for us to be licenced.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Hopefully things will not escalate to the degree where licencing is a basic requirement, If it was a requirement to have passed a basic archery beginners course at a licensed club before being able to buy a bow then maybe that would be a possible answer. But you will never stop the mindlessness of people whether it is sticking a straw into a frog and blowing it up "2p", feeding seagulls bread laced with ingredients that blow their insides up "2p" or as you have stated shooting farm animals, horses, cats, etc. Then there was the acid attack on the young foal the other day "1" my point I guess is whether it is a 130 plus M106 powerfull compound bow or a 2p straw, in the wrong hands either can cause death, ask David Attenborough.

Thanks
    I fully appreciate OP created the discussion around how easy it could be to get a cheap, high poundage bow to the inexperienced - but I found this on youtube this morning: Archery Suppliers review the bow. Just thought it would add something to the conversation.

Thanks
    Hi Viv, I had a look at the M106 review and was pleasantly surprised at the overall performance and his views on the bow, not that I know anything. I think that the main shortcomings of this model that he spoke of are ironed out in the more expensive M135 which is still a very cheap bow for what it delivers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234