Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easton ACG, ACC, or Carbon One - target compound

In the Green
    Thanks
    gtek, of course I agree with you, the advise of Shibuya Archery Shop is golden. But I posted here to get some additional opinions and to have a discussion about this (my spine and different arrow types). Everyone at my shooting range here either shoots ACE if they are recurve or X10 Protour if they are compound shooters. I guess the Japanese archers always get top-end equipment.
    Also I had a bit of a bias against all carbon arrows from my time in the UK. At my club in Cambridge, we were not allowed to shoot all carbon arrows outside at all, and everyone in that club were very anti all-carbon arrows at that time. Back then (2006-2007), all the compound shooters in my club were shooting ACC for practice, and I was one of the only ones to have Navigators.

I just needed a bit of encouragement to jump on the all carbon CarbonOne, which KidCurry was able to do. CarbonOne 730 are on order and should arrive soon.

I've been shooting my navigators the last week now with different screw-in points weights (3x 90gr, 3x 95gr, 3x 100gr) to see how they group and behave and I'm starting to prefer the 90gr points, so I am getting convinced that I will benefit from a stiffer spine.

In the Green
    Thanks
    Carbon One shafts arrived and the weight consistency is great! (25.75" cut length, 730spine).
    5x 156.6gr
    4x 156.8gr
    2x 157.0gr
    1x 157.4gr
    so outside of the 157.4gr this is basically 156.8gr +/- 0.2gr (stddev is 0.24gr).
    There was actually a bit more variation in the points weights, but those are easy to adjust with some filing. I don't have a spine tester, but if the spine is as consistent as the weights then I can see why people like these arrows.

I'll be making up 3 each of 90gr and 100gr points to start with and shoot those for a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12