Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overloading limbs ?

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Mark31121's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BOETJE View Post
    Geoff has a point off course.
    The center off the button is straight above the "throat" of the grip. I think most risers are like that.
    If I deduct the clicker to button center distance ( 43 mm) ,from my draw length I would arrive of
    a draw length of 29.9-1.7 = 28.2 "
    That is why I find the defenitions a bit confusing

If I would never have read anything ,being new to archery, and somebody would ask me to give a definition of draw lenght , I would have said:
    Distance to when the clicker go's off, minus distance from clicker to string, when the bow is at rest.
    But that off course varies with brace height...
    I am beginning to think that archery is not a sport, but sorcery
    That puts your standard draw length to 28.2 + 1.75, so 29.95 (which is pretty much what you had it to start with). You're well within the safe drawing of medium limbs, but you may find longer more comfortable - it's not worth swapping just for this but consider it if/when you upgrade etc

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 896 Posts
    BOETJE
    If I would never have read anything ,being new to archery, and somebody would ask me to give a definition of draw lenght , I would have said:
    Distance to when the clicker go's off, minus distance from clicker to string, when the bow is at rest.
    But that off course varies with brace height...
    That is a kind of draw length; it's the length the string is drawn from its rest position to the position where the string is released for the shot. It's also the length of the power stroke of the bow for any individual.

Most archers need to know how far apart their hands are when their body is in a sound posture for shooting. That distance determines how long their arrows need to be... with a bit extra for safety so they don't draw the arrow off the rest. The accepted margin for that is enough to reach about 1" past the riser.
    Many beginners start with that amount in case their draw length increases as they settle in to their shooting. Many archers shorten their arrows afterwards so the clicker is near the edge of the riser. By then they are consistent enough for the extra 1" beyond the riser to be no longer needed.
    As beginners, many different ideas seem logical, to us. I guessed the nocking point should be level with the arrow rest, so the arrow was at 90 degrees to the string. Experience shows us that is rarely the best place, and a little above is better.
    The front of the bow is called the back, not logical really, but at full draw... it is "round the back" where we can't see it, so perhaps it is more logical than I first imagined.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123