Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Archery Cafe. Would it work in Europe?

Thanks
    I think with a cafe set up and possibly running axe throwing leagues and possibly with Geoff's "Karaoke Archery" idea of "Miss and out" in some form of league game, it could be a move up from darts. I believe some of the axe throwing competitions are run over the internet live with other participants in other countries, so if there is no-one local, no problem. Not these days.
    [SIGPIC] When the road forks, follow your heart.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    I have often felt like throwing an axe at my computer Chris so shooting arrows at it sounds a great step forward

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

In the Gold

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgas View Post
    I think with a cafe set up and possibly running axe throwing leagues and possibly with Geoff's "Karaoke Archery" idea of "Miss and out" in some form of league game, it could be a move up from darts. I believe some of the axe throwing competitions are run over the internet live with other participants in other countries, so if there is no-one local, no problem. Not these days.
    This is archery, not axe throwing. Stop going on about axe throwing. From what you have said axe throwing is already popular. Does anyone in axe throwing say oh we could have archery too.?
    Sorry if that's harsh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben tarrow View Post
    This is archery, not axe throwing. Stop going on about axe throwing. From what you have said axe throwing is already popular. Does anyone in axe throwing say oh we could have archery too.?
    Sorry if that's harsh
    Ooer, No, not too harsh. Some people have been known to go into the woods with an "Axe" and lay down a few staves to make a "Bow" and perhaps some "Arrows". My point is "Axes" have laid side by side for centuries with bows and arrows. They make good bedfellows, as would swords and daggers or perhaps a "Falcon". If you have a lot of space to use in an old warehouse or industrial unit (Corax67), a secondary attraction that may bring in additional custom and a possible crossover of business, is not a bad idea. An axe throwing booth with 2 targets takes up say 7m x 3m and if placed in the right position can give spectators in the cafe some free entertainment. Sure we could hold string making classes with the WRI in the cafe, I'm sure that would bring in a few mother's mothers but spectators would be less than fascinated after the first string is strung.. Ben I hope that isn't a bit harsh.

Oh when I was referring to leagues for the axe throwing, I was thinking that the same could be done with the "Miss and Out" archery, over the internet live.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisgas For This Useful Post:

Valkamai (09-08-18)

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 910 Posts
    This thread is certainly working its way through a lot of ideas. It is starting to sound as if the cafe idea would require a lot of planning and research into what other activities to offer alongside the archery.The more I read, the more it sounds like a "theme park" type of venue.Lots of things to keep lots of people occupied. Lots of people would have to go through the turnstiles, in order to make it viable. Perhaps not so large in area as some theme parks, but big enough to offer a large enough variety of activities. When I try to imagine this in place and running well, it "looks" quite smart and professional. I feel anything "homemade" would put people off. To clarify that; a lot of garden centres have in the last few years, added a cafe/ restaurant. Those who are serving better food seem to be full, to the point where you have to book in advance. It seems that "Get it right"and you are on your way. Those getting it right with garden centres seem to have upgraded what they used to offer. Perhaps the archery cafe idea needs to start in a similar way. Do one or two things really well then broaden the activities .from a position of strength.

Thanks
    Hi Geoff, personally I was not thinking of something big. I was thinking of something manageable by three or four people. Not an army and a half. Possibly something on the lines of the cafe in Korea or Archery fit in London. I have seen some examples of archery in old industrial buildings on more than one floor where archers have shot from gantries etc. So there are people running businesses like this. I understand that some see archery as a pure form (whichever style it is that they follow) that should not be messed with. I have yet to prove that I am not a total plonker, (Jury has already served that) so I'll wrap up and disappear for a while until I can prove otherwise. My stuttering 10 year struggle to build an archery centre/establishment is nearly over, "it is very home made", I will start out slowly and expand as necessary, the building work is all but completed, except for a few near future intangible projects that are not really required but will help my business, namely a male styled Hogan and a 16m wide semi covered amphitheatre style garden. You see I am a plonker! What on earth do these ideas have to do with Archery? What has a rocket mass heater got to do with archery? but I am installing one in the "Snug" that I have built that will seat and heat 15 people in the winter. It will also give an elevated covered area for wheelchair users to view the small 30m x 20m range, among many other uses. The Hogan by the way is a Navaho Indian desert home made from approx 100 x 3m long logs and covered in cob. It is my intention to offer this accommodation "when completed" for up to 2 people at a time, plus use of all facilities to archers who have the ability but not the financial backing from the UK who require winter outdoor training FOC for up to 2 weeks at a time through the winter months. I could ramble on but I have seen the guys in white jackets outside my house.. Adios.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast