Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Archery Cafe. Would it work in Europe?

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 910 Posts
    HiChrisgas,I hope I did not give the impression that "homemade" was aimed at your archery range. I think grassroots archers want to shoot and enjoy their archery with their friends.They almost expect to have to make do and mend things.Perhaps it is the fact that they shoot on grounds that are often shared so they feel a sense of uncertainty about their future. Some archers want more and want to shoot better and need to work hard to get further.This forum discusses that issue at great length from time to time.The Karaoke archery that is under discussion here, might work at some archery clubs as a now and again fun time to add a bit of novelty to the archery year.I just feel that many posters are thinking bigger than that and more permanent and more varied in the activities on offer.Almost activity centre type of thing for the public to attend as and when they have the time.I can't see that sort of place working at a home made level.It would be a business for the investers and those who work there. Archery is a popular have a go activity, it is going on in a good few places round the country and beginners at archery clubs often say that's what got them into archery and onto their beginners course.I can see how many of those beginners could be interested in going to a place that allowed them to do some more archery and for the fun of it, without joining a club.There is room for places that allow have a go archery and to offer similar activities at the same time, in an established centre that can be run all year round even if not every day of every week. I feel the expectations of those who would attend would be quite high.Like the garden centres that offer food and are often full.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Mark31121's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I thought you were suggesting that they have archery ranges in garden centres Geoff. It's not a bad idea though...

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 910 Posts
    Hee, plenty of bamboos to make own arrows!�� Garden centres are just a good example of a business that has developed from simple beginnings. Some started doing simple teas for customers and some made a bigger effort to make the garden centre visit into a bit of garden shopping plus a proper meal out on one site.They have got something right when the places are full. I think the archery cafe idea could go the same way, some would be full and those that got things slightly wrong would look a bit homemade in comparison. I feel that normal archery clubs can survive even if they are small and have a homemade feel about them. Idon't think an archery cafe could survive so easily unless it had a more business like appearance. I think it's about customer expectations and these days customers in general expect more.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789