Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrow placement on left handed bow really awkward to a right handed person!

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    My daughter shoots right handed but uses a left handed field quiver on the left hip. You'd think there would be a clash of bow/arrows/quiver but no.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    My daughter shoots right handed but uses a left handed field quiver on the left hip.
    Sorry, but that's just weird.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Drain you of your sanity

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks for that.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Thanks
    You could always try the longbow style with a back quiver (I can't get on with one) or a medieval style arrow bag that positions in the small of your back. Both items are ambidextrous so you can try taking arrows with either hand to see which feels most comfortable or natural.

When I used an arrow bag I found it took a little getting used to and slowed down my shooting cycle, which was a good thing.

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

In the White
    Thanks
    I will try all these methods over the next couple of weeks and let you all know the results!

In the Green
    Thanks
    I am right hand dominant and shoot left handed due to eye dominance. I struggled with a standard quiver before switching to a field quiver. Loading has not been an issue since. You will get used to it and adapt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast