Thread: String De-railed

In the White
    Thanks

String De-railed

Whilst shooting today I drew back to about 6 inches when I heard something pop. The arrow stayed on the string but the string had completely come off the cam. I also noticed that one of the bolts on the cam, that sets the draw length, had popped off and disappeared.

I have a portable bow press, but does anyone know how I can get the string back on the cam? Do I need a proper bow press? Iím loathe to send it to a shop, there arenít many in the highlands, but if I dont know how to do it maybe that is the best option.

Please advise.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    It will depend on how much compression/travel you can get out of the press. I use the ridiculously expensive Synunm bow press which will press a huge range. Before that I used a Bowmaster which, although had a wide range its adjustment was limited. It will help to wind out the limbs to their lowest poundage to make pressing easier.
    Pressing the bow, refitting bolts and cables/strings is quite straight forward but if you have never done it before it helps to watch someone for the first time.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCurry View Post
    It will depend on how much compression/travel you can get out of the press. I use the ridiculously expensive Synunm bow press which will press a huge range. Before that I used a Bowmaster which, although had a wide range its adjustment was limited. It will help to wind out the limbs to their lowest poundage to make pressing easier.
    Pressing the bow, refitting bolts and cables/strings is quite straight forward but if you have never done it before it helps to watch someone for the first time.
    Ok cool thank you, I will definitely try winding out the limbs a couple of turns. My bow press is basically a couple of brackets and a winch, so itís not a proper fixed one and so Iím a bit nervous but if it can by done Iíll give it a go but I had a try earlier and the string wouldnít budge too much and Iím just not sure how far I can push it. Really annoying as I was having a great days shooting and pushing the distance at 50 yards. Going to ring a shop tomorrow and ask for advice, thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bear-outbreak View Post
    ... Iíll give it a go but I had a try earlier and the string wouldnít budge too much and Iím just not sure how far I can push it. Really annoying as I was having a great days shooting and pushing the distance at 50 yards. Going to ring a shop tomorrow and ask for advice, thanks
    If you not sure take it to a shop to do.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.