Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning a 21" Hoyt Excel

In the Green
    Thanks
    I have an Excel I use for coaching. In general, I say that you can only tune as well as you can shoot. Sounds like you have a nice young archer at 12 years old. Without seeing her shoot I'd say let her shoot with a little clearance issue. But maybe she shoots much better than most 12 year olds. In that case learn www.acsbows.com/bowtuning.html click on 'download printable version'.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    The jazz arrows were 1413. They are a tad too short now for her to use but I got her to carefully try a few. Same contact but they fly worse.
    Need to start to slowly increase the poundage now as the current limbs are far too light for her. I feel like the poundage is perhaps limiting the shooting as much as anything else. Her draw length has shot up since April. She has gone from around 20" to about 22.5" although the extra 2 and a half inches hasn't actually added that much draw weight onto the fingers according to the bow scales.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Had a bit of luck. I've changed the limbs from 14lb limbs which were currently giving 12.5lbs otf, to 20lb limbs which are currently set to 15.5lbs otf and the contact seems to have gone. It is early days as she only did a few ends but the contact had gone and her grouping seemed better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12