Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody with experience of changing from Hex 6.6 to CVX / Hex 7.2 / Hex 7.5 ?

In the White
    Thanks
    Yes Andy,

I had to back the button off about 3/4 turn from the 6.6 setting, to move the arrow point to the right, when looking forward.
    It's a midges to the right of centre shot, to my eyes, using limb alignment gauges, but we're talking small adjustments.

I was advised many years ago, that when you're making adjustments, do the initial resettings in big increments, so you can tell if you're moving in the right direction, so I backed the button off about 1 1/2 turns, which was too much, so then brought it in again, so the end result was 3/4 turn backed off, i.e screwed out from the 6.6 setting.

But, then I found I had to stiffen the spring pressure, oddly.

I think you'll like the 7.2's.
    I took both my bows to our range today, and shot the 6.6's for half an hour, then changed bows to the 7.2's.
    The 7.2's felt immediately much smoother when drawing, especially the last couple of inches and, as a bonus, much quieter on release.

I would love to try the Hex 8's, just to see where this Hex voyage ends, but at 1k per set, they're going to be beyond my reach for the foreseeable future.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post

but at 1k per set,
    Teensie exaggeration there - Hex8 ILF are still in development, so any price you've been given will be someone's guess. Having seen Hex8 owners (on the Covert Hunter), they are definitely sub 1000. And a very big step up performance wise from the 7.5s I'm shooting
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    Teensie exaggeration there - Hex8 ILF are still in development, so any price you've been given will be someone's guess. Having seen Hex8 owners (on the Covert Hunter), they are definitely sub 1000. And a very big step up performance wise from the 7.5s I'm shooting
    If you look on the Border website there is a 2018 pricelist: http://www.borderbows.com/uploads/Pr...s2018.pdf.html, which shows ILF/Formula HEX8-W916 / HEX8-H934 which as you say is sub 1K, but not by a lot. The Hex 8-H price also matches the price I was initially quoted in an email from Ann - so they don't seem to be a guess.
    Whilst like riverrunner I'd be very interested to try the 8s, I can't justify a 200 premium over the 7.2s which by all accounts are already an awesome limb and still sound like a good improvement over my 6.6s.

I don't image though that the 8s are where the "Hex voyage ends", I'm sure Border will keep finding things to improve!

In the White
    Thanks
    Yes, picked the price up from the published pricelist, and added the carriage.
    Not far short of the 1k mark.

Not sure where the Hex development will evolve to.
    Any more "curvy" and I'll be buying a compound case to fit the limbs in!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123