Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WNS Carbon/Foam Limbs

In the Red
    Thanks
    So here is the thing, too late for the OP as he has altered the limbs:

If a manufacture has a "tolerance" for their product it MUST have already been stated and available for viewing, they cannot just say it is within tolerance and leave it at that. The best example in archery is Easton giving definite tolerances for all their shafts, if you then buy some and they do not conform to this you can complain. If however the manufacture has not specified an allowable tolerance it is more than likely you would win as case in court ageing that without doing so they have by omission lead you to believe that all their products are zero tolerance.

The next time anyone is told "oh that's all right it is within tolerance" your first question should then be "ah right OK where can I find what these tolerances are", if they cannot point to them being in a "reasonably accessible" location (including the makers web site) then they are not applicable as you would not have been able to know about them at the time of purchase. Too many companies use these terms to excuse bad quality control and a lack of consistency and that is not good enough. Just saying well there are not very expensive so what do you expect is also no an acceptable response.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    How I wish you had posted before I repaired the defect. Thinking out loud. Would raising the matter with trading standards be any good as I was 'forced' into repairing the defects by their misleading statement. Probably not. But it might make this company less 'cavalier' with their statements with future customers.

As an aside. I have just purchased some new 'expensive' arrow shafts from a rival company. They may have cost me a bit more, but I am aware of two other sales they have lost over the way they dealt with this.

In the White
    Thanks
    Hiya... just seen this post and it seems its probably over!
    I noticed the Riser is a Fiberbow...
    I shoot with the same riser... using Uukkha limbs. Never had an issue until I upgraded the limbs again with Uukkha... The string didn't line up so my first thought was that the limbs were twisted... shooting them led me to believe that was the case... until I discovered the top fitting can be turned to align the limbs. My problem was solved. I've also set the same riser up with limbs of other makes and again had to alter the alignment.
    When you wound the limbs in to set tiller did you check they were aligned as perhaps the misalignment gave the tiller different results...

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strathq View Post
    Hiya... just seen this post and it seems its probably over!
    I noticed the Riser is a Fiberbow...
    I shoot with the same riser... using Uukkha limbs. Never had an issue until I upgraded the limbs again with Uukkha... The string didn't line up so my first thought was that the limbs were twisted... shooting them led me to believe that was the case... until I discovered the top fitting can be turned to align the limbs. My problem was solved. I've also set the same riser up with limbs of other makes and again had to alter the alignment.
    When you wound the limbs in to set tiller did you check they were aligned as perhaps the misalignment gave the tiller different results...
    Thanks for the reply. But I think you are referring to Fiberbow risers, e.g. 6.3 and previous versions. These have a 'cam design' shaft on the upper tiller bolt, which can be used to align limbs. However my riser is the Driz Extreme which uses a 'standard' parallel shaft and the alignment is achieved by adjusting the dovetail housing (as with most other ILF risers). I never understood why only the upper tiller bold has this cam adjustment feature. I replaced the the lower original bolt for another 'cam' type bolt to improve the limb alignment feature on my 6.3 riser. It did mean however that I had to realign the limb if I adjusted the tiller, not a big problem though.

I also know enough about limb alignment to recognise a defect in the limbs that were supplied to me and carried out test to prove the manufacturing defects existed. It did not do me any good though. I rectified the defects myself using a two part epoxy resin.

In the White
    Thanks
    I figured you knew what you were doing...
    reason i read the post was i bought my son some WNS limbs recently and as they were purchased new i never checked them after initial set up...
    he shoots left handed so I never shot with them either... he also shoots barebow so no issues showing...
    I will check them over... seeds of doubt!!!!!

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Check the alignment and the width and depth of the string grooves.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234