Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clubs with members of more than one association.

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Mark31121's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    short of them potentially shooting to slightly different rules I can't see an issue (I don't know the different rules for field as I seldom shoot it)

I'm in a target club that doesn't have any affiliations (private insurance) and just a couple of us have joined AGB, it's still quite new to us though so I'm not sure how well it will pan out in a few years.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark31121 For This Useful Post:

Valkamai (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkamai View Post
    Kid curry, going forward the club is having its own insurance rather than agb insurances so any member or guests will be covered by insurance whilst at the club and grounds.

AndyW it is a agb field club with a bit of 3d as well rather than target and we are hoping to attract members of wfaa or nfas to come and shoot here if that want as well. Many members are already dual society members anyway but leaving the agb insurance and taking out our own has given us more options.

Thanks both for your opinions. [emoji1303]

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    If you were close to me I would certainly come along, I think all will turn out fine. Not to detract from clubs that choose to stay with a certain society but I believe it's the way to go.
    Very best of luck with it.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyW For This Useful Post:

Valkamai (14-09-18)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think this is an admirable move forward. If more clubs were like this the various societies would maybe become more cooperative , less petty and bureaucratic.
    Del
    Health Warning:- These posts may contain traces of nut.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Del the Cat For This Useful Post:

AndyW (14-09-18), Valkamai (14-09-18)

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    How does your club deal with the AGB mandatory requirement that ALL your club members must be members of AGB? The club secretary has to confirm that as part of the renewal process each year.
    Also how do you decide who is insured? Doesn't club insurance insure the club, but the club isn't the same thing as it's members. So, if one member injures another and gets personally sued by the injured person, (its not the club that is being sued here) does the club insurance cover them, or does cover only apply if the injured person sues the club directly? AGB insurance states explicitly that cover includes member on member and non members for their first 6 sessions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben tarrow View Post
    How does your club deal with the AGB mandatory requirement that ALL your club members must be members of AGB? The club secretary has to confirm that as part of the renewal process each year.
    Also how do you decide who is insured? Doesn't club insurance insure the club, but the club isn't the same thing as it's members. So, if one member injures another and gets personally sued by the injured person, (its not the club that is being sued here) does the club insurance cover them, or does cover only apply if the injured person sues the club directly? AGB insurance states explicitly that cover includes member on member and non members for their first 6 sessions.
    If the club is not affiliated to the AGB then AGB has no say in the matter of who is a member.

As for the insurance, I have not seen the documents, but it is my understanding that the insurance covers anyone shooting at the club, either as a member or as a signed in guest.
    Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12