Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AGB - One member one vote

In the White
    Thanks
    The only problem with each member voting directly is that not all members are au fait with doing things online. I have several members in my club who only use smart phones as phones and they are OK with sending/receiving texts. If they have to go online to vote then that is a section of our community whose votes will not be counted. As secretary I can talk to members at a meeting and gauge their feelings on any matter and vote according to how the club decides. Even if members are asked to send in votes by post a lot would be binned because of the apathy towards Archery GB. The "one member one vote" idea can lead to a skewing of power towards those with a vested interest in controlling AGB or those who live nearest to whichever part of central England where the AGM is held!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    I guess most pay because they don't know any better.
    I do not dispute that some feel the system is not working in their favour. My question isn't a loaded one; just curious as to what could replace it or possibly just get rid of it all together and adjust what was happening in places where it was already working.
    I guess people pay counties/regions, because AGB say they will be kicked out if they don't...
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rik For This Useful Post:

Gina Burton (Yesterday)

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 935 Posts
    Hi Rik, Yes, that as well.

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I guess people pay counties/regions, because AGB say they will be kicked out if they don't...
    That is precisely the reason in my club. As an example of how inefficient Glamorgan Archery Association is they changed their website URL sometime in the last six months but I only found out while doing some checks on our club's Links Tab yesterday. Our club has 35 members but less than ten are interested in shooting regionally so they are always incensed that they are being forced to subsidise those who love competing. Most schools or community centres will not entertain groups that aren't tied to some sort of national organisation for insurance purposes so what Archery GB are doing is driving away people who just view archery as a hobby.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456