Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AGB - One member one vote

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben tarrow View Post
    If this was intended for me commenting how counties and regions are funded by those who dont benefit from their services, then I still stand by my statement. 90% of my club members who get no benefit whatsoever from county and region pay 90% of the running costs of said county and region, meaning that 10% who do benefit, are only paying 10% of the costs
    No it was to Gina's post which said "Our club has 35 members but less than ten are interested in shooting regionally so they are always incensed that they are being forced to subsidise those who love competing." People who compete don't put the fees up - we pay more was my slant. I do get though that people who just shoot within their community think they pay too much.

It's my understanding that the new CEO is having regular meetings with the Regions and Counties - some do a great job - they run events, squads, workshops, postals, novice leagues, co-ordinate coach training courses etc and others don't do so much. On top of that the fees they charge vary and may not reflect the level of activity. I'm sure once some understanding has been worked out the issue of fees going in all directions will be addressed.
    Its the unknown that makes life so rich. Paul Arden

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1 View Post
    No it was to Gina's post which said "Our club has 35 members but less than ten are interested in shooting regionally so they are always incensed that they are being forced to subsidise those who love competing." People who compete don't put the fees up - we pay more was my slant. I do get though that people who just shoot within their community think they pay too much.

It's my understanding that the new CEO is having regular meetings with the Regions and Counties - some do a great job - they run events, squads, workshops, postals, novice leagues, co-ordinate coach training courses etc and others don't do so much. On top of that the fees they charge vary and may not reflect the level of activity. I'm sure once some understanding has been worked out the issue of fees going in all directions will be addressed.
    Same difference between me and Gina really.
    Its long been my feeling that membership of county and region should be non compulsory OR free with the activities of said organisation being funded from the profits of those organisations activities.
    So, if you go to a county or regional shoot, you pay. If you go to a county or regional coaching session, you pay.

Imagine a shop that charged you 10 a year to be a "member" whether you shopped there or not.
    The shop sells an exclusive product that appeals to 10% of the community. When you get your bill through your door, you ring them and complain "I'm not interested in your exclusive product"
    "But sir/madam" the customer service assistant explains, "we rely on people like you paying your bill so that people who DO like our product can get it cheap"

Wouldnt be very popular. Maybe thats why counties and regions arent very popular with some sectors of our community.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567