Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stand by for the knee jerk reaction.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 930 Posts
    Strange they never mentioned the archery club that is just round the other corner from where the man was injured.
    The arrow could have come from there and, like in the William Rufus incident, bounced off a solid object( tree) and given the appearance of coming from a different direction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    Strange they never mentioned the archery club that is just round the other corner from where the man was injured.
    The arrow could have come from there and, like in the William Rufus incident, bounced off a solid object( tree) and given the appearance of coming from a different direction.
    Something that has remained with me since I was young was the incident when a friend and I were throwing pebbles on a rocky cove and seeing if we could get them into the sea from where we were sitting.
    All was good fun until I threw a pebble that ricocheted off 3 boulders and whizzed by a guy walking his dog about 80 m in front and 60m to our right! It was fascinating to watch the pebble take the most ludicrous path that looked physically impossible if you were to deliberately try to replicate it. It made me realise that anything is possible no matter how small a chance, it still could.

The guy never saw it by the way, and I doubt it had much energy left in it..

In the Green
    Thanks
    If it was a local club member who shot this in their garden and missed the target could make it easy for the police to track down the archer. Assuming they are a club member the police only need to,check addresses of all local,aCherís from that area.

Thanks
    I wouldn't have thought that they'd be hard to track down. It looks like a built up area so it's likely to be someone shooting in their back garden. A few hours spent canvassing by the police would turn up someone who knows of a neighbour who was talking about buying a bow from ebay in the pub.
    Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sagitta View Post
    If it was a local club member who shot this in their garden and missed the target could make it easy for the police to track down the archer. Assuming they are a club member the police only need to,check addresses of all local,aCher’s from that area.
    I'd like to think that it wasn't an archery club member; rather someone who's bought what they thought was a toy from ebay or their local hardware store or pawnshop.
    Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    And don't forget someone *was* injured, fortunately not killed.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast