Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stand by for the knee jerk reaction.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben tarrow View Post
    Yet equally, I'm astounded by the number of people who are surprised when we tell them that a bow and arrow is a weapon capable of killing a person.
    This is one of the times that ignorance works in favour of archery, and it's still pretty impressive. Despite popular culture clearly showing bows killing people and everyone thinking that they know how easy archery is, few people are demanding that these dangerous killing devices be removed from the populace.

When you consider that the average person is pretty stupid, remind yourself that half the population is below average..

There seems to be a certain level of understanding in reality that someone armed with a basic modern actual firearm outguns a person armed with a bow, yet I've actually had friends going to international tournaments get asked by airline check in staff if there is any possibility of the bow "going off" by itself.

So you will encounter people who are way way below average in everyday life.

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy! View Post
    remind yourself that half the population is below average..
    statistically thats not necessarily true. One really stupid person offsets many clever people

Thanks
    ... yet I've actually had friends going to international tournaments get asked by airline check in staff if there is any possibility of the bow "going off" by itself.

So you will encounter people who are way way below average in everyday life.
    I would not ascribe mentioned airline experiences to way-below-average IQ, but rather to extensive ignorance.
    I could tell dozens of examples from personal experience, but need to admit I'm not always free of it myself ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567