Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Handicap and Allowance tables

In the White
    Thanks
    When he decided to stop overseeing the scheme and hand it over to AGB David wrote in to ArcheryUK to say anyone interested could have a copy of his work and the papers involving the algorithms. I responded, and so if you want to ping me a message I would be happy to send you copies, and perhaps even a copy of my spreadsheet that will calculate any handicap for you. The algorithm themselves allow you to do all sorts of fun things such as calculating handicaps for the Beiter Hit and Miss round!! Also a shameless plug for my club's indoor classification scores for barebow and longbow: https://www.cubowmen.com/classifications As for David, he is still well I believe having emailed him last summer. Finally, having asked AGB about handicaps I believe there are plans to update the classifications to include other bowstyles and ensure that scores are still proportionally representative at some point this year.

In the White
    Thanks
    I am the records officer!

I also run an inter club league - some of the entrants to which are unfamiliar with handicaps and allowances. I have to resort to sending them links to third party sites or scans of tables which are marked copyright. I am embarassed to have to do it.

In the White
    Thanks
    I too responded and received the algorithms. I didn't however re-create the tables, I did as you have and created for my own use a spreadsheet which calculates it all.

In the Green
    Thanks
    The interesting thing is they didn't even upload the latest version.

OK, Let's do a crosscheck with everyone here.

For 1) The Rules of Shooting
    The electronic version they uploaded on AGB website(https://www.archerygb.org/about-us-s...s-of-shooting/) is Proc-01-05-RoS-April-2018
    But the version I have in my hand (printed one) is a more updated version: Proc-01-06, October 2018
    Note: next review date for RoS is Apr. 2019, so I expect to have a newer version by the time of AGM.

For 2) The Shooting Administrators Procedures (SAPs)
    The electronic version they uploaded on AGB website is Proc0203 Oct2016.
    I do not have a newer version in hand, but this one is due to review in October 2017, so I expect there is a newer version somewhere.

For 3) The Target Archery Handicap Scheme Tables

I asked AGB, and they told me the only clicker was selling the printed version, the version I have in my hand (club one, Printed) is G-25-02 and approved by April 2012, I also expect there is a newer version somewhere. If anyone happens to buy the binder recently(https://www.clickersarchery.co.uk/pr...g-with-binder/), let us know what is the latest version is.

But I doubt many people will buy this though, 14.5 pounds for three files(2 of them you could get it online), so technically we pay 14.5 for that handicap document...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123