Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barebow Rest Recommendation? Spigua or Free Flyte Elite?

In the White
    Thanks
    Thanks Jerry. I guess I was just a bit wary of cheaper rests because my WNS rest is, well, junk!

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ukxbow View Post
    Hi, no, I hadn't. They're new to me - can you tell me about them, or any differences to the above mentioned ones? I see it is a drop away design. Does this have advantages over the traditional magnetic 'side folding' ones?
    The Zniper is indeed a dropaway rest, the idea is It drops away as the arrow is released so it’s clear of the fletching’s when the arrow goes past, the ZT gets pushed back by the arrow, this will have a small effecton the trajectory of the arrow.

They work well, but can be a little fiddly to reset when changing arrows. With this in mind the ZT spigura may be your best bet as would have thought you can make note of each setting and get it more or less spot on when changing arrows, these are only my thoughts as I have not used the spigura.

Thanks
    I agree with Jerry. I was given a ZT a while back and I don't think I can see myself going back to the stick on rests. I have shot a few drop away rests in the past while shooting compound and have always gone back to blade rests as I found the drop away is not always consistent, and I just don't need another monkey in my back pack. The ZT is solid, well made, reliable and simple to set up. I don't see that the adjustable version should not be as good.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

In the Green
    Thanks
    I've been shooting with a Spig ZT for a while with no issues (infact I asked the question here: http://www.archeryinterchange.com/f3...ou-use-231539/ )
    Anyway, I did get another riser and got a Avalon Magnetic Rest which is exactly the same as the ZT but costs less again I've not had any issues with this and been using it for over a year.

Thanks
    Both are great. But on compound I swapped to a freeflyte micro as it started to be a pain finding long enough buttons for some cut outs and the side fin works fine.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

In the White
    Thanks
    Just got the ZT mounted and set up. I'm getting the odd flyer even when my form and release seems spot on, but I am sure I will get to the bottom of it New arrows too, so lots of variables. The ZT didnt take long to set up and seems to have no play in it which is nice.

-->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12