Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mybo synergy carbon plus

In the White
    Thanks
    Another option might be to get a sense of arrow spine they’d need by taking some bare shafts from the arrows you’ve been using on the powers. That is likely to tell you something seeing as the powers you’ve used and SCP limbs are foam Carbon and known to be punchy limbs. I have the Mk1 Synergy Carbon in 40lb long and they’re superb and plenty quick. They also require a stiffer spine than, for example, my Fivics Vellator limbs - more so than the poundage difference would suggest. The Mybo are the more aggressive limbs and IMO amazing value. The plus versions are almost certainly better. I’m considering a lighter pair for another bow of mine with 23’ wooden riser.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    The Mybo carbons are similar to the SF elite limbs (I've owned the later & shot the former) good limbs but they both stack a bit pulling up to full draw; but not as fast as the innos) Innos are a good limb they still stack a little & are a little faster than the above pair (again I had the SF ulitimates the equivalent of the innos)
    Now have the new W&W wiawis ns limbs. I've dropped 2lbs on the limbs getting higher sight marks & they are velvet smooth. Still using same arrows btw.
    70" bow 34lb limbs 301/2 draw.
    My point being in all of this. I think you'll find the limbs you are looking to purchase won't be as good as your current (borrowed) limbs.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Have just chronoed a pair of 32# long SCP limbs at 202fps. 326gn ACE. 38.5# otf @ 32.5" draw. 72" bow. 18 strand FF, majesty serving.

Previous incarnation of this limb was good (in my opinion) but not as stiff in a qualitative limb tip twisting test (QLTTT) as SCP

Much improved sight mark with SCP over the same poundage SC limb. (Haven't yet chronoed older limb but I will for completeness).

Bareshafts were stiff by approx 6" at 30yds with SC and are now weak by approx 6" at 30yds with SCP.

Totally different limb; SCP is 40g lighter per limb (less glass more fabric carbon perhaps?). Needed to make a new string as BH was much higher with the SCP so limbs different length from SC. Limp tip different shape too although I don't know if this will have any performance implication.

First impressions? For the money, I'd say, whilst it's early days with them (working back up to my full draw weight) they seem to represent great value for money in terms of sight mark improvememt per pound spent and in my case sight mark improvement per pound draw weight removed from ageing shoulders...

Whilst I realise we're all different and there are plenty of variables in play which makes direct comparisons difficult, I hope this somewhat qualitative report and brief chrono session will be of use to someone.

I'd recommend going and trying some.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Been playing with limbs and chronograph etc.

I have made adjustments to limb bolts since last post (adjusted 'in') so I've chronoed both limbs again.

SC 32# marked, 39# otf (27" riser, 32.5" draw through clicker) 208fps

SCP 32# marked, 40# otf (27" riser, 32.5" draw through clicker) 212fps

So make your own mind up what that tells you. I measured it with a draw-the-bow, spring-type gauge not the digital luggage scales and I measured a few times each to get each figure.

Maybe the extra 4fps is expected with 1# draw weight?

And just for funses, while I had the chrono set up;

KG NX55 36# marked, 45# otf, 220fps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12