Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: arrow weight

Thanks
    I’m shooting a Gary Evans quad lam 50# longbow @ 28” draw also bamboo backed. My aim point at 100yds is arrow tip around a yard over the top of the boss straight down the centreline.

My arrows are 5/16” POC shafts, 30-35 spine, 80 grain brass bullet points, 3” parabolic feathers, finished arrows measuring 28.5” - just weighed my current dozen and they come out uniformly at 25 grams / 385 grains fully made up.

I did annoy the absolute crap out of the owner of our local archery shop when I had him go through about 80 shafts to come away with 15 spine matched & weight matched to within 10 grains. It was totally worth the aggro though (well it was on my part) as these arrows give me the best response I’ve had on any of my longbow setups to date.

Good luck with lighter arrows.

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corax67 View Post
    I’m shooting a Gary Evans quad lam 50# longbow @ 28” draw also bamboo backed. My aim point at 100yds is arrow tip around a yard over the top of the boss straight down the centreline.

My arrows are 5/16” POC shafts, 30-35 spine, 80 grain brass bullet points, 3” parabolic feathers, finished arrows measuring 28.5” - just weighed my current dozen and they come out uniformly at 25 grams / 385 grains fully made up.

I did annoy the absolute crap out of the owner of our local archery shop when I had him go through about 80 shafts to come away with 15 spine matched & weight matched to within 10 grains. It was totally worth the aggro though (well it was on my part) as these arrows give me the best response I’ve had on any of my longbow setups to date.

Good luck with lighter arrows.

Karl
    You're lucky Karl, Nick made me sit down with the bundle of Boyntons and measure them myself on his Bearpaw (since bought one). But I did end up with 24 perfectly matched spine and weight shafts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophys View Post
    You're lucky Karl, Nick made me sit down with the bundle of Boyntons and measure them myself on his Bearpaw (since bought one). But I did end up with 24 perfectly matched spine and weight shafts.

That Bearpaw is an incredible bit of kit - the difference that a well matched set of shafts makes is huge.

I must have caught Nick on a quiet day

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

In the Blue
    Thanks
    as this is a test I have used some old arrows, they are full length 5/16 with steel points. they came in around 400 grns, swapped piles for ally ones, cut shaft to 29" and swapped feathers for 2" ones. they now come in around 300 grns, I think the shafts are very light having been in my possession for a couple of years and I think are very dry, as long as they don't crackup first shot alls good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12