Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: From the Lions' Den - A freestylers' journey.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    WHAT waterproofs!

All I had was armoured motorcycle gear (I had to give up my beloved Honda VTR1000 sp-1 crotch-rocket a few years ago) which a) doesn't fit any more & b) is in no way suitable for archery anyway.

No tent to hide in either - that's on the wish-list for next spring. Just a dodgy supermarket brolly.

At Tynedale they're so worried about the bosses getting damp & mouldy that they get pulled in as soon as anyone even mentions rain

DECISION MADE!

This is how I'm spending my Sunday afternoon -

"Cavete ira Leonis"

In the White
    Thanks
    I think you made the right choice - I was in a friendly tournament on Sunday morning, and got thoroughly soaked several times. It was no fun at all, and after the fourth torrential soaking in an hour, the hosting club decided to call it short. It rained so hard there was a pool of water in the bottom of my waterproof kit bag when I got home.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LionOfNarnia View Post
    I also grabbed an extra 3 500ml cans of "I-don't-believe-it's-not-red-bull" from Aldi, 55p each.
    I would stay away from that stuff during archery. You want to keep your sugar and energy level as steady as possible during the comp. Energy drinks and sugar loaded carbonated drinks create huge highs followed by immense drops

WHAT waterproofs!
    Look at cyclists and runners rain-jackets and pants, light & thin. For shelter I have and fishing umbrella with a zip-on side. In the rain press your button and pluck your string before each round to get rid of water.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    TomVis,

LOL how often do you see runners/cyclists gear in 4XL?

- Yeah, coz when yu dis chonky, ya do't run!

Yes, in most other circumstance I'd totally agree. In fact I'd have double vodka & RB reclassified as a class-A drug! But one of the (many) curses of Fibromyalgia is deep & sudden 'crashes' of intense fatigue, coupled or not with the infamous 'fibro-fog'. Using energy drinks IN ORDER to try to keep energy/sugar levels somewhere near 'normal' during a shoot is 'proper medicinal use' in my books.

Emma,

It rained for the whole weekend, my own club ground was waterlogged, I'm nowhere near enough of a masochist to even try to pretend shooting in that would have been anywhere close to any sane definition of 'fun'.

- But I didn't totally waste the weekend! I did another wee 'customisation'.

...but that's for the next post ;P
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

Thanks
    LOL how often do you see runners/cyclists gear in 4XL?
    >Amazon< >Sportsdirect< >J D Williams<
    That's a 30 second search in the UK.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Ok, ok, but please stop taking me so literally!

Just about every bit of clothing I own comes from SD (online) I know they do sizes for the more generously proportioned amongst us. But 'on the high street'? No chance.

Let's just accept that a) I've not yet collected all the gear needed for outdoor compos & b) even with them, there is a point at which 'weather' overcomes 'fun'.

So no regrets.

They did actually run the Griffin Open, the results email started with 'I hope you all got dried out eventually' & 'obviously, no records were set'. Looks like less than 20 took part across all ages/disciplines.

Yes, I'm looking for at least one more compo before the indoor season starts but the candidates aren't even in this county so that might be a no-no. We'll see.

There is a chance (50/50?) that there will be a clubnight tomorrow, and a slightly-lesser chance for Sunday. It'll be good to shoot anything again after 10 days!
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast